Hi
    I have the s3 but since I did the software update to 4.1.1 jellybean I believe I've been having issues. I don't have many apps, i'm not a major app person but use email and an app called live profile. Since the update I can't get live profile to work despite several re-installs, I can see friends profiles but they are showing as unavailable in chat. Now I don't know if it's live profile thats the problem as its quite glitchy but this hasn't happened before this. My email also seems a little problematic - I use yahoo.

Can anyone help - I'd like to go back to the old software but I worried about doing a reset and losing everything as I can't work out how I back it up and re-install like I could with my iphone (bineed it off for the S3)

Thanks
    11-11-2012 09:43 AM
    techno for beginners

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    11-11-2012 10:00 AM
    a reset wont take you back to before 4.1 mate, thats a more complex thing to do.
    you really dont wana do that anyway.
    problem must be the app. try emailing the dude who made it.
    since u dont use many apps, you should maybe factory reset the phone to get rid of any gremlins..
    good luck man

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    11-11-2012 10:05 AM
    p.s, go to live profile on play store.. under the 3 user reviews press "read more" then at top right of screen theres option to read reviews from your phone only, see if others are having same problem.
    maybe just a lazy developer... if so, search for an app that does same job

eww just checked out the live profile reviews man.
    try flirtomatic for similar crap

11-11-2012 10:11 AM
    Thanks for the reply, how do you do a factory reset? I can't see an option for that just a restore - if I do that will I lose numbers and texts etc?

I have a feeling it might be the app but it was ok until the update and my email doesn't seem right either (last time I do that haha!) I've emailed but never get a reply, it seems like a big app? I only use it with one friend as they don't us FB, it's a shame because I like the status feature but kik (just downloaded it) doesn't have that. Oh yeah I also noticed (just remembered) that FB app has become really unstable and falls over a lot now.... so its leading me to think it is the update. If I took it into the Vodafone shop do you think they could put old software back in it or would I have to send it to Samsung?
    11-11-2012 10:51 AM
    p.s,

eww just checked out the live profile reviews man.
    try flirtomatic for similar crap

Dear god, that is so not what I use the IM for - I only have one person on it as its easier than texting and they don't use FB so can't use the chat option!!
    funkylogik likes this.
    11-11-2012 11:18 AM
    the store will just tell you to reset/restore and yeah youll lose everything not saved to memory card except contacts (they stay with u for life).
    i defo dont recommend going back to an old version of android.. for a start it will wipe your phone too and require hacking.. for another thing, its better.
    a restore will probably fix everything and theres ways of backing everything up through hacking (rooting) the phone but theres plenty threads explaining that.
    try another IM app if its only for 1 friend
    did u try WhatsApp?

i think MyBackup will backup texts unrooted btw...
    or Kies on your pc

11-11-2012 11:30 AM