Sadly, my screen cracked over the weekend (I dropped it). Does anyone know if Samsung fixes phones? I'm reluctant to buy parts and do it myself - I've had less-than-good results with that in the past.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    11-11-2012 06:16 PM
    Assuming you have insurance...

The fastest/simplest way is to just pay the insurance deductible. There's no real low-cost solution that doesn't involve you repairing it yourself or being dishonest and reporting it stolen (which you would still have to pay a deductible).

Either way I hope you slap an Otterbox on your repaired/replacement device after all is said and done.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    11-11-2012 07:03 PM
    Thanks. I should have mentioned that I don't have insurance!

funkylogik likes this.
    11-11-2012 07:29 PM
    Hehe. I never use insurance for electronics. But my phone is one thing I always get insurance on. The reason is it can break in my hands (highly unlikely) but then it can always break in someone else's hands also. If you have no insurance the best you can do is talk with your carrier and see how much it will be to replace the device, or contact Samsung if your warranty is still up for grabs. If those are not any choices you could try to replace the screen by yourself. If you're not tech savy enough to do that then all you can do is sell the phone and get a new phone. The problem with it is depending on what carrier you will still be paying for your phone.
    11-11-2012 08:04 PM
    It's quite the bummer. Does anyone know if hairline fractures in the screen will get worse over time?

11-11-2012 10:14 PM
    It's quite the bummer. Does anyone know if hairline fractures in the screen will get worse over time?

if its an actual fracture, not a scratch then yeah probably.
    samsung charge a FORTUNE to replace it.
    best bet would be to try n find replacement display on ebay n fix it yourself.
    id commit insurance fraud but i dont condone it.

show us a pic btw, its like googling "blue waffle" you dont wana but u have to look lol

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    11-11-2012 11:57 PM
    p.s, my bank do phone insurance, 10 p/m, 50 deductible
    and im still stupidly not insured lol....
    having said that, my monthly income is 280!

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    11-12-2012 12:01 AM