Why does Samsung think we want BLUE or WHITE phones ??????

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The colors are not that bad, besides just get a black case lol

Many times it doesn't even matter as people keep their phones in colored cases 90% of the time anyway. I rarely see people walking with a bare phone these days. Having a choice of colors though is nice. For some phones it livens up what would normally be a rather bland design. I like it.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I AM COMPLETELY ASTOUNDED THAT NO ONE HERE KNEW THIS . . .

Apple has a patent on black cellular phones, as well as rectangular phones, and rectanglular phones with rounded corners.

LOL R u serious?
Blackberries have been black before iPhone....r u sure about this?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
LOL R u serious?
Blackberries have been black before iPhone....r u sure about this?
Yeah and most phones before the iPhone were either black, had rounded corners, or both. So if anything every company that has made a phone like that before Apple did should all be suing Apple.

Plus the Patent System needs some serious changes if they allow such a childish, BS patent to be made by a company that already abuses it beyond reasoning.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I would like to know who in their right mind would buy a brown phone

Like really?

From my amazing samsung galaxy s3 running cyanogen mod 10 and android version 4.1.2

Designed for humans and not for isheep

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree but it fits with the nature ux thing and the earth friendly theme they have been pushing. Look at the names of the colors and you will see...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Like really?

From my amazing samsung galaxy s3 running cyanogen mod 10 and android version 4.1.2

as i said, its not dump brown, its like amber. v nice honestly

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i dont like usin my fon without a case now.
its not tactile enough,.

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

Like really?

That way if you leave it somewhere, people won't steal it, they'll just assume it's a shiny turd ;)

Not gonna lie though, brown S3 looks kinda sexy.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
That way if you leave it somewhere, people won't steal it, they'll just assume it's a shiny turd ;)

Lmaoooo

evq.003

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

No no, Mango. I believe you're mistaken. A polished turd is what Apple did when moving from the iPhone 4S to the iPhone 5.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Again,,, did you not read my OP,,,,,,,,,,,, the point of my post was asking why Samsung only released the GS3 in blue and white when they are clearly tring to overtake the iphone,,,, untill just recently blue and white were the only colors available,,,, it is also quite apparent that going by all the comments online asking why Samsung did not include a black version right from the get-go.

Yes,,,,, the GS3 has done very well against the new iphone,,,, myself and many others think the GS3 would have sold even more if it had been also offered in black.

My OP question is wondering why Samsung would choose not to include a black version in its efforts to topple the iphone.

This is not whining,,,,, I am simply wondering why Samsung would make the choice to clearly sway some buyers away from there flagship product,,,, the demand for a black GS3 is pretty big,,,, if you think that's just my opinion Google "black Samsung Galaxy S3",,,, you will find lots and lots of other whiners.

Cheers
Davyo

I don't know. I guess I'd see your point better if the blue and white didn't sell. I could Google it, but I don't need to because I'm not debating whether or not people want a black S3.

I just tend to side more with the 30 million people who were happy with what was offered. The couple thousand who want a black model can go buy one.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
1.) Black use to be the only color available for the iPhone.
2.) Black phones are easier to misplace then a white or bright color phone
3.) Blue has proven to be popular by several phones. The best example is Nokia's 900.
4.) White was a big thing when it became an available option for the iPhone. White goes well with most colors, but so does black
5.) White and Blue are not the only colors available. Whats the problem?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
1.) Black use to be the only color available for the iPhone.
2.) Black phones are easier to misplace then a white or bright color phone
3.) Blue has proven to be popular by several phones. The best example is Nokia's 900.
4.) White was a big thing when it became an available option for the iPhone. White goes well with most colors, but so does black
5.) White and Blue are not the only colors available. Whats the problem?

1 that is Apple telling you it is all you ever need
2 what if you are in a dark room?
3 of course, it isn't black or white. People got sick of that crap
4 Apple did extensive research to determine that they were not wrong with 1, everyone else's taste changed.
5 No problem, just wanted to be a bit of a smarta##

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I... Never knew the color of a phone was this serious to people... Lol

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums
I can't believe you have 453 posts and you didn't know that different colors are completely different technologies and have better or worse reception, screen definition, etc.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe you have 453 posts and you didn't know that different colors are completely different technologies and have better or worse reception, screen definition, etc.

I'm sorry :( forgive me? <3

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
1 that is Apple telling you it is all you ever need You're Right
2 what if you are in a dark room? You're eyes will get used to the dark and it will be easier to find
3 of course, it isn't black or white. People got sick of that crap I agree
4 Apple did extensive research to determine that they were not wrong with 1, everyone else's taste changed. Don't understand this one
5 No problem, just wanted to be a bit of a smarta## I don't think my comment was meant for you in the first place, so I have no idea what you're talking about that smartA## stuff

lesorkim

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site

EXACTLY!!! And that's why Apple patented the black color, because of it's superior cell radio reception. That's why cell phones have been mostly black all this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995