Why does Samsung think we want BLUE or WHITE phones ??????

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I find this so perplexing that Samsung would bring out the GS3 in only white and blue,,,,, while black is clearly one of the most popular colors for a phone.

Yea,,,, Verizon now has black and brown but of course they are the only carrier besides ATT that has a red GS3,,,,,, I owned a Verizon black GS3 for a few weeks, what a classy looking GS3 that black version is,,,, now I have a Note 2,,,, it would have been GREAT to get the Note 2 in black but sadly Samsung only put out a white and grey Note 2.

Anyhow,,, my question is,,,, how does Samsung come to the idea that we the USA phone buying consumers would rather have a blue colored phone than a black colored phone,

Samsung wants to overtake the iphone yet they hobble the GS3 by offering it in colors that would be a turn off to many.

I fail to understand Samsungs logic in their choices for phone colors,,,,,, perhaps some one could explain their logic to me as I am quite perplexed on why Samsung does this.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Davyo

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So you aren't happy with white, blue, black, red, brown, 2 shades of gray and amber?

Also, this might blow your mind, but 30 million+ S3's have been sold. So crazy Samsung must know what most people want. Just cause YOU don't like the choice of 8 colors, doesn't mean everyone is impossible to please. Question: how many phones can you name that were made available in 8 or more colors? How about 4 colors?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Bc black is common. I like the fact that I could've chosen a different color but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the phone.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
There's 400 black phone options (exaggeration) and you complain about the S3 and Note 2. These phones are AMAZING. Why do we have to complain no matter what?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
USA??

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Yes,,,,, I know about the global version of the S3 that finally came out out in black (before the US Verizon black version came out) but its been my understanding that the UK GS3 is not 4G LTE and also has some other limitations on US carriers.

Cheers
Davyo

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
But what's the issue? A) you don't own it anymore. B) there IS a black model available. C) 30 million people didn't see a problem with it.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Samsung wants to overtake the iphone yet they hobble the GS3 by offering it in colors that would be a turn off to many.

For starters, quite a few people dubbed the S3 as an "iPhone killer" (like me), and I see quite a few threads on here talking about former diehard iPhone users become S3 converts. Second, with all the carriers the iPhone is available on, it's white or black, no matter what the carrier. As you mentioned, the S3 comes in blue, black, white, red, and brown, although red just for AT&T; and brown and black for Verizon. Although the colors are fragmented across carriers, the fact remains that you still have the option to choose a different color. If you want an iPhone, you can only pick black or white, whether you go to Sprint, Verizon, or AT&T.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
the reason i exclaimed "USA" is because the whole world were stuck with the same choice, not just the US lol.
know i keep posting this pic but change colour easily n cheaply uploadfromtaptalk1352702655138.jpguploadfromtaptalk1352702669041.jpg

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
For starters, quite a few people dubbed the S3 as an "iPhone killer" (like me), and I see quite a few threads on here talking about former diehard iPhone users become S3 converts. Second, with all the carriers the iPhone is available on, it's white or black, no matter what the carrier. As you mentioned, the S3 comes in blue, black, white, red, and brown, although red just for AT&T; and brown and black for Verizon. Although the colors are fragmented across carriers, the fact remains that you still have the option to choose a different carrier. If you want an iPhone, you can only pick black or white, whether you go to Sprint, Verizon, or AT&T.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

theres a global red too mate :p
im happy with my stealth white lol. would have bought black if it had been available at release :)

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So you aren't happy with white, blue, black, red, brown, 2 shades of gray and amber?

Also, this might blow your mind, but 30 million+ S3's have been sold. So crazy Samsung must know what most people want. Just cause YOU don't like the choice of 8 colors, doesn't mean everyone is impossible to please. Question: how many phones can you name that were made available in 8 or more colors? How about 4 colors?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Huh,,, I didn't know I could get the GS3 in 8 colors, for some reason i thought you could ONLY get the brown or black if you are on Verizon and the red ONLY if you are on ATT,,,,,I was not aware that all had changed.

No,,,, my mind is not blown,,,, I am very much aware that the GS3 is a HUGE seller and beating out the Iphone 5 in many case's,,,,, that's why I phrased my question in my OP as to why Samsung would "hobble" the GS3 by not also offering it in black.

As far as "me" being the only one that's not happy with the lack of availability of a black GS3 I would have to dis-agree,,,, if you go online and google a black GS3 you will find a huge number of comments about the lack of a black GS3,,,,, you will also see comments from reviewers saying "finally, a black GS3",,,,,, or "the long elusive black GS3".

There are also lots of comments from many would be buyers of the GS3 saying they would have jumped on the the GS3 but didn't because of the blue and white color choices,,,,,, again,,,, that's why I used the word "hobble" in my OP.

Perhaps you should re-read my OP.

Cheers
Davyo

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
anyone know how to remove a "thanks" lol... keep doin it by mistake and you can remove "like"s

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I was unsure of the pebble blue, but knew I didn't want white. Black is Ho hum, been there done that.

I was glad of some different options. If I wanted my phone to be like all the others, it would be an I phone.

Next up, if I stay with the sgs3, pebble blue front, Grey back. I think it will look pretty good.

Ps. You can get a skin to go over it if you really need black.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

TimV28

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I like the blue and brown. I ended up with white, which I still don't particularly care for, but for what I paid for the phone off contract I can't complain.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I find this so perplexing that Samsung would bring out the GS3 in only white and blue,,,,, while black is clearly one of the most popular colors for a phone.

Yea,,,, Verizon now has black and brown but of course they are the only carrier besides ATT that has a red GS3,,,,,, I owned a Verizon black GS3 for a few weeks, what a classy looking GS3 that black version is,,,, now I have a Note 2,,,, it would have been GREAT to get the Note 2 in black but sadly Samsung only put out a white and grey Note 2.

Anyhow,,, my question is,,,, how does Samsung come to the idea that we the USA phone buying consumers would rather have a blue colored phone than a black colored phone,

I fail to understand Samsungs logic in their choices for phone colors,,,,,, perhaps some one could explain their logic to me as I am quite perplexed on why Samsung does this.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Davyo

Think Different.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
The metro store I got my phone from only had 1 whit S3 left, which luckily was the exact phone I wanted to get. I loved it a week and a half ago when I first got it and all it's done is grow on me :) I think the white S3 looks friggin gorgeous and im sure helped it get crowned an "iPhone killer."

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
if black was available from the beginning, id have got that n maybe put a white back plate on it :)
my Xperia Arc was white and a very sexy device but even hotter when i put a black back on it :)

feenixfly

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
From my experience with the pebble blue, under most lighting conditions, the blue is not really a blue. Most of the time it feels like a gray or dark gray to me. The closest it ever gets to a blue is really indigo. So the color never really gets to the shade of what I'm seeing on the website at all. And that's why I never complained about the blue color. Although I would be glad if the carriers carry more than 2 color variants right from the beginning.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood