Why does Samsung think we want BLUE or WHITE phones ??????

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah my bro just got one (blue) and i had to put it under strong kitchen light to decide what colour it is.
it is really pretty phone but i can see why people dont like its home button. they should have made it identical to the bezel like on the white i think

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Like someone mentioned in a past thread. If Samsung came out with black and white first, people would be wanting different colors. So I think Samsung came out with the "different" colors from the start, which makes sense.

I would've taken black from the beginning though.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Like someone mentioned in a past thread. If Samsung came out with black and white first, people would be wanting different colors. So I think Samsung came out with the "different" colors from the start, which makes sense.

I would've taken black from the beginning though.

wonder why they didnt release all 8 or whatever colours at once though??
testing popularity 1st?
keeping the "buzz" going and helping them to keep up with demand because people will wait for a different coulour?
i duno how business works though.
i had to get the white but its a bad colour for watchin vids on and using in sunlight coz its distracting and reflects every visible light frequency lol.
with my decal on, the phone doesnt look as luxurious but luks hardcore and makes vids/games look much better, easier to get sucked into the screen.... IMO ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

evq.003

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Get a cover in the color you want your phone to be in? :D

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

I was just about to suggest the same thing...
But I bet the response would be: A case is too bulky, expensive, ugly, slipery, sticky, stiff, thick, wide, tall, fat, awkward, doesn't fit the phone well, doesn't have the right color either, hard to push buttons, can't access ports well, makes it harder to change the battery, makes it harder to change SD cards, doesn't fit in an armband, doesn't fit in car dock, doesn't fit in pocket, or want to carry the phone naked.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
the reason i exclaimed "USA" is because the whole world were stuck with the same choice, not just the US lol.
know i keep posting this pic but change colour easily n cheaply View attachment 45867View attachment 45868

That's gorgeous

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I was just about to suggest the same thing...
But I bet the response would be: A case is too bulky, expensive, ugly, slipery, sticky, stiff, thick, wide, tall, fat, awkward, doesn't fit the phone well, doesn't have the right color either, hard to push buttons, can't access ports well, makes it harder to change the battery, makes it harder to change SD cards, doesn't fit in an armband, doesn't fit in car dock, doesn't fit in pocket, or want to carry the phone naked.

Well then their complaining is invalid as they're just doing it for the sake of complaining as every possible solution has been mentioned.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Huh,,, I didn't know I could get the GS3 in 8 colors, for some reason i thought you could ONLY get the brown or black if you are on Verizon and the red ONLY if you are on ATT,,,,,I was not aware that all had changed.

No,,,, my mind is not blown,,,, I am very much aware that the GS3 is a HUGE seller and beating out the Iphone 5 in many case's,,,,, that's why I phrased my question in my OP as to why Samsung would "hobble" the GS3 by not also offering it in black.

As far as "me" being the only one that's not happy with the lack of availability of a black GS3 I would have to dis-agree,,,, if you go online and google a black GS3 you will find a huge number of comments about the lack of a black GS3,,,,, you will also see comments from reviewers saying "finally, a black GS3",,,,,, or "the long elusive black GS3".

There are also lots of comments from many would be buyers of the GS3 saying they would have jumped on the the GS3 but didn't because of the blue and white color choices,,,,,, again,,,, that's why I used the word "hobble" in my OP.

Perhaps you should re-read my OP.

Cheers
Davyo

I read your original post. You are just exaggerating what I said. I never said Verizon allows you to own a brown GS3 on their network. I said SAMSUNG has made them available. It isn't Samsung's fault that carriers only give you certain choices. Also, if you REALLY want a different color, you can always go to the carrier that offers what you want.

I just don't understand the purpose of your pointless whining. You don't own it, black is available, and millions upon millions love this device regardless of the color. Kudos to Samsung for offering us choices when no one else will.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

lesorkim

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I AM COMPLETELY ASTOUNDED THAT NO ONE HERE KNEW THIS . . .

Apple has a patent on black cellular phones, as well as rectangular phones, and rectanglular phones with rounded corners.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Apple has a patent on black cellular phones, as well as rectangular phones, and rectanglular phones with rounded corners.

You forgot apples newest patent. The rectangular phone with sharp edges BUT the screen has rounded corners

/I wish I was joking....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I... Never knew the color of a phone was this serious to people... Lol

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

...Are you serious? Apple patents colors now?

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I read your original post. You are just exaggerating what I said. I never said Verizon allows you to own a brown GS3 on their network. I said SAMSUNG has made them available. It isn't Samsung's fault that carriers only give you certain choices. Also, if you REALLY want a different color, you can always go to the carrier that offers what you want.

I just don't understand the purpose of your pointless whining. You don't own it, black is available, and millions upon millions love this device regardless of the color. Kudos to Samsung for offering us choices when no one else will.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Again,,, did you not read my OP,,,,,,,,,,,, the point of my post was asking why Samsung only released the GS3 in blue and white when they are clearly tring to overtake the iphone,,,, untill just recently blue and white were the only colors available,,,, it is also quite apparent that going by all the comments online asking why Samsung did not include a black version right from the get-go.

Yes,,,,, the GS3 has done very well against the new iphone,,,, myself and many others think the GS3 would have sold even more if it had been also offered in black.

My OP question is wondering why Samsung would choose not to include a black version in its efforts to topple the iphone.

This is not whining,,,,, I am simply wondering why Samsung would make the choice to clearly sway some buyers away from there flagship product,,,, the demand for a black GS3 is pretty big,,,, if you think that's just my opinion Google "black Samsung Galaxy S3",,,, you will find lots and lots of other whiners.

Cheers
Davyo

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Screw Apple. They can act like they own the patent system all they want, it's gonna bite them in the ass.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463