A picture shows up in my Gallery, but isn't on my phone or sd card anywhere.

JeniferF

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
At a loss.
Ok, so on Friday, I uploaded a pic of my friend to my phone so I could set it as a contact picture?however, now, when I open my ?Gallery?..it shows as a folder on its own..called Profile Pics (draft) I have 4 folders inside of gallery?Camera, download, sd card and now Profile pics. I don?t want this photo to show up when I open Gallery?he is my husband?s friends and it looks like I?m obsessed with him and I?m not!
Tried everything. Went through all files and photos saved on both the phone and the sd card..but it seems to be nowhere?I even deleted his photo off of contact card, but it is still there..

I?ve selected the pic and tried to trash it but I can?t?I even edited it by cropping it to a black square, but when I go back to gallery, there it is?
Beside his photo is a symbol that appears to be for Picasa, even though I don?t have that installed on my phone. So it looks like I tried to set it as my profile pic for Picasa, but it didn?t work so it is in limbo..?HELP!
Where can I find this to delete it?
I did a search for Picassa and foudn teh pic there and delted it, but it still shows up in a folder called " profile pictures'..how do I get to this folder?

Last edited:

Livia.

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Try this:
Settings > Accounts and sync (my phone isn't in english, so it's something like that) > Google... uncheck the Picasa sync.

JeniferF

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Try this:
Settings > Accounts and sync (my phone isn't in english, so it's something like that) > Google... uncheck the Picasa sync.
Thanks, but the problem is, I don't HAVE Picasa..I don't even know what it is!
And I have no idea how it got sent there...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol is there a setting called "browse" or anythin in ur gallery app or a setting that lets you not include folders in gallery?
just uncheck the folder thats in on sd (internal memory).... stalker :p x

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Livia.

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Lol! I went into my gallery to see if I could find something that would help you and this same folder appeared to me too, but with my profile pic from google.
I can only think it has something to do with G+, since I just signed up there a few days ago.
Do you use G+? Is your friends pic there?

JeniferF

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
lol is there a setting called "browse" or anythin in ur gallery app or a setting that lets you not include folders in gallery?
just uncheck the folder thats in on sd (internal memory).... stalker :p x

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

I DID figure out how to do this, but, everytime I close the app and go back it pops up! .

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Picasa is a photo cloud service owned by Google and is now integraded with android when you do a profile pic or install Google plus your pica a account is the same as your Gmail so go to pica a .com and edit it there BC it just simply copied it to the Google server

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

evq.003

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
You could divorce you husband and marry the other guy, so your perceived obsession is justified. :p

...Or try installing a different file explorer app and see if that app can find the picture. You could also try pulling out the SD card and see if the picture still shows up on your phone, or you could even put the SD card in a PC/laptop and see if you can find the picture that way.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
How did you upload the profile pic?
Also, do any of the pics in that album look familiar? Are the from Facebook?
Sometimes when u use apps to upload pics, it will automatically save them in your gallery

JeniferF

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea how I did all that! not sure how it ended up there in the first place.

BUT, I did figure out the problem...I didn't realize that my Google account is synced with Picasa... because I don't use Google +, I didn't think they were connected (Google and picasa) which I why I wasn't thinking that Livia's advice was relevent, turns out she was right! ...so I happened on this thread, and it helped me solve it!

Thanks everyone who tried to help me.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...ant-delete-profile-picture-album-gallery.html

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
either install QuickPic gallery and try what i said on that or delete the pic and get another where u arent lickin your mans bro's ear :)

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It can be many things related to accounts synced on your phone. I had the same problem and I realized it was my Google+ account.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
+damianmccoy

You?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

aye m8 Smity Smith. nane of ma real pals r on it tho, too stuck on fb. a few of us on here hav bn addin eachother on here tho.
add me if u want.
Alan Smity Smith on fb :thumbup:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad