I have looked around and looked around for answers for my issue and I am coming up empty on any help.

I recently just switched from an iPhone onto my Galaxy S3. When I got the phone, it was rooted but I took the root off with a flash through Odin to factory stock. The root wouldn't even allow you to change the wallpaper settings. All of those issues are now cleared up BUT...

I am having the issue with imessage/android texting. I have read the numerous posts about downloading an app for texting. I have downloaded VZW Messages, Handcent and GoSMS. On my previous devices for android, I always chose GoSMS and it's what I have stuck to as well for this one. I have changed all the setting in GoSMS like I have saw to do so for receiving the texts from imessage users.
    But, I am still not getting my group messages from iphone users. I am an avid group messaging person and not receiving 50 some messages in a day is a bit underwhelming.

When I would turn the iPhone on in a wifi area, all of the messages would come, even messages from iphone users that I had already received on the Galaxy S3. I turned imessage off on the iphone and turned the entire device off. - Still not receiving group text messages. I have received one message from a person in my group text but it is unclear if it is just a text or if it is a reply to a group message that I have never received.

I even sent out a group message to everyone in my group to see if I would get replies - nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if not I am going to have to go back to iPhone. I can't deal with not receiving my messages.
    11-14-2012 05:01 PM
    i read something about this and you either have to use your old iphone with current sim in it if u have it and set it to use normal sms or get in touch with your carrier to sort it out.
    ive never owned an iphone and dont understand imessage but this is what i understood from what i read.
    sorry if im talking crap lol

Unbranded Global s3, Official JB, Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    11-14-2012 05:48 PM
    Thank you for the reply. Iphones dont hold a sim so i couldnt switch the sim in and out, if thats what you mean. lol i did turn off imessage and that turns back to sms messages.
    I have read on some posts that the carriers do not know how to help or didnt understand what was even happening, basically so i havent tried to contact them, yet. lol
    11-14-2012 05:59 PM
    Thank you for the reply. Iphones dont hold a sim so i couldnt switch the sim in and out, if thats what you mean. lol i did turn off imessage and that turns back to sms messages.
    I have read on some posts that the carriers do not know how to help or didnt understand what was even happening, basically so i havent tried to contact them, yet. lol
    They do hold a sim unless it was a 4 on sprint or vzw. You didn't specify which you have but if it is one of the two you have to call your carrier

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    11-14-2012 10:36 PM
    Thank you for the reply. I have VZW. I thought since i mentioned vzw messages it was a given, sorry.
    After leaving the iphone off of wireless with imessage off and the phone turned off for at least two hours, my imessage has disconnected from ny phone number and is now sending to my galaxy. No carrier needed.

Thanks for your replies!
    11-14-2012 10:43 PM
    Thank you for the reply. I have VZW. I thought since i mentioned vzw messages it was a given, sorry.
    After leaving the iphone off of wireless with imessage off and the phone turned off for at least two hours, my imessage has disconnected from ny phone number and is now sending to my galaxy. No carrier needed.

Thanks for your replies!
    Yea but the vzw 4s has a sim but that's awesome switching from iphone to android was a pain for this reason

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    11-14-2012 11:20 PM