I am on the road a lot and one of the advantages of Siri is when a new SMS comes in I could activate Siri and ask to read my text. Siri reads it over my BT headset or the speaker if BT isn't connected. She then asks if I want to reply to the text. I could have a text conversation while driving and never need to look at the screen. I simply had to press the home button to access Siri.

I have searched the Play store and tried many apps, but I haven't found any that do this in remotely the same way. Driving mode will quickly read the text, but not through BT. It reads it as soon as it arrives rather than giving me a chance to listen. If I were listening to the radio I would miss it.

Does anyone know if this feature was added to 4.1 as part of Google Now? I have heard different things so I am looking for someone currently running 4.1 to give me some feedback.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-14-2012 06:33 PM
    I also would like to know this, so I'm going to flash jb in a little bit and find out for myself, because I am also on the road a lot, and better voice recognition would be kinda fun and a little useful for me.

I also will be trying to see if the group messaging was sorted out, if I remember you, I will post back.

Sent from my S3 pip-boy
    jneusch likes this.
    11-14-2012 07:00 PM
    Well I flashed JellyWiz RLS13, and there is no car mode as far as I have found. Group messaging is still broken aswell

Sent from my JBS3
    11-15-2012 01:18 PM
    Well I flashed JellyWiz RLS13, and there is no car mode as far as I have found. Group messaging is still broken aswell

Sent from my JBS3
    That's unfortunate. Maybe someone with a stock JB ROM can provide some help on this one.
    11-15-2012 01:20 PM
    I am on the road a lot and one of the advantages of Siri is when a new SMS comes in I could activate Siri and ask to read my text. Siri reads it over my BT headset or the speaker if BT isn't connected. She then asks if I want to reply to the text. I could have a text conversation while driving and never need to look at the screen. I simply had to press the home button to access Siri.

I have searched the Play store and tried many apps, but I haven't found any that do this in remotely the same way. Driving mode will quickly read the text, but not through BT. It reads it as soon as it arrives rather than giving me a chance to listen. If I were listening to the radio I would miss it.

Does anyone know if this feature was added to 4.1 as part of Google Now? I have heard different things so I am looking for someone currently running 4.1 to give me some feedback.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think you might have posted in the wrong forum? You would get a better reply for your phone on the Razor Maxx forum.
    11-15-2012 01:59 PM
    I think you might have posted in the wrong forum? You would get a better reply for your phone on the Razor Maxx forum.
    Thanks Ricky, but I posted here for a reason. The Razr Maxx HD doesn't have JB yet and I know it is moving across all of the GS3's now, depending on carrier. I was hoping to get feedback from someone already using stock JB who may have experience with this feature. it should be the same, regardless of phone type.
    Ricky Babalu likes this.
    11-15-2012 02:31 PM
    driving mode is still there, its just far down in the settings menu. I am pretty sure its called text to speech, not sure about the replying part. google now doesn't like me overly.
    11-16-2012 06:15 AM
    Yea driving mode is deep in the settings. I have never been able to get the whole text read out to me while I have been driving. Just the name of the person who has sent it. So how do you get it to read the whole text?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    11-16-2012 11:01 AM
    Try Settings > Language and Input, scroll down to the Speech section, tap "Text-to-speech output" and then enable "Driving mode"
    Edit: Oh, and you can select what kind of stuff you want Android to read aloud if you tap "Driving mode". Forgot it because I actually don't own a car!
    11-16-2012 11:49 AM
    S3 still has driving mode after updating to stock 4.1.1. I'm pretty sure there is an option for the S3 where you can make the phone read out text to you outloud. I have not used Google Now or S-Voice much. All I know is Google Now is much faster and reliable when it comes to voice commands and communication. You can't expect everything to be the same throughout different phones. Motorola is basically owned by Google. They should run stock android if you think about it, but I don't know do they have their own skin?
    11-16-2012 12:46 PM
    The current Moto skin is very close to stock Android with a few minor things. It is actually quite nice.
    11-16-2012 05:28 PM