Ingress - Mobile Reality Game

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
:
Ingress - A New Mobile Reality Game by Google: This looks Awesome! I have never been into games, and do not have any on my phone. This however looks very cool and I would certainly download and play when it is released. I like the fact that it is "outdoors" an appealing aspect of the game.

:

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded it, but only compatible with my Nexus7, not GS3

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Livia.

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
It seems really interesting! I asked for an invite on the site.
Although I don't think it's a good idea to walk around with my phone like that on the streets here in Rio. :/

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Looks awesome!

I'm definitely going to need to invest in an external battery now, though :p

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I too requested an invite, this looks interesting ;)
And yeah battery drain too:banghead:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Also requested an invite....when I saw this video, I imagined people getting hit by cars by playing this game, having them walk across the street without paying attention

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
So after a little more research I think I now know why Google came up with this game. What prompted me to read up was the fact that an Article I had read indicated they wanted the game to eventually end in 1-1.5 yrs. Basically Google comes up with ideas on how to gather data by convincing people to generate a database of commercially useful information at minimal cost. They will have tons of people running around gathering "Walking Paths" (pedestrian routes for Google Maps) and "Photo" (geotagged) data-sets for free! I have to admit it is very ingenious, once they have collected the information they will terminate the "game" and monetize the data. Remember "Google 411" they used that to build voice recognition database and then terminated G411. I guess I am a "dummy" for not thinking of the applied uses of a project like this. Come to think of it they have been doing this all along, I just did not put 2 N 2 together. The guys at Google are geniuses they are going to have a bunch of "Morons" like me doing work for them and all the while they get to have fun and make $$$$$$.

Elaldeano

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Well you got that right. It's all a question of how they obtain the information which they will one way or the other.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So has anyone actually gotten an invite?

I wonder if living in a smaller city is a disadvantage of getting an invite, and it's going to be one of those things where they've only set up game pieces in large cities like LA, NYC, Chicago and the like.

I've done geocaching for years, but am kindof tired of that so maybe this will get me out of the house and exploring again.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Bet theyve left scotland out :(
It does look cool but ive seen similar games.
Agree with Ricky btw :thumbup:

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad