I ordered one on Amazon and received it today. Connected everything and my S III and devices are paired. I watched a video on YouTube that shows the TV turning black while the
    text "Connecting... Share multimedia contents of phone with TV device." In the guys video, his S III appears on screen in about 2-3 seconds.

With my setup, it doesn't get past the Connecting screen.

Anyone have any suggestions? I tried a different HDMI cables and MicroUSB power supply just to rule those out.

Having trouble with S III and the Samsung AllShare Wireless Hub?-2012-11-16-19.50.08.png

Having trouble with S III and the Samsung AllShare Wireless Hub?-2012-11-16-19.50.24.png

Having trouble with S III and the Samsung AllShare Wireless Hub?-2012-11-16-19.51.05.jpg
    11-16-2012 10:54 PM
    Forgot to mention the dongle is connected through a Sony receiver. I just connected the dongle directly to the TV, bypassing the receiver entirely and the issue still persists.

Interestingly, I've noticed AllShare cranks up the heat the S III emits, which I would expect. However, my phone just rebooted on my attempt at testing it with the TV.
    11-16-2012 11:07 PM
    Sorry, Verizon firmware doesn't include support for that yet, so I don't have any experience-based suggestions.
    Does the TV show anything that makes you believe that it's seeing the dongle?
    Sorry for the silly question, but does the dongle connect directly to the HDMI port, or do you have to use your own cable? If the latter, you may want to try some different cables - I couldn't get my MHL adapter working until I used a shorter HDMI cable.
    Finally, have you checked the Google Play Store or the Samsung App Store to see if there's an update to the Allshare Cast software?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    11-18-2012 11:41 AM
    Sorry, Verizon firmware doesn't include support for that yet, so I don't have any experience-based suggestions.
    Does the TV show anything that makes you believe that it's seeing the dongle?
    Sorry for the silly question, but does the dongle connect directly to the HDMI port, or do you have to use your own cable? If the latter, you may want to try some different cables - I couldn't get my MHL adapter working until I used a shorter HDMI cable.
    Finally, have you checked the Google Play Store or the Samsung App Store to see if there's an update to the Allshare Cast software?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    I have the official Samsung MHL adapter and that works without issue using different HDMI cales and chargers.

The picture I took of the TV is what appears after the phone and wireless dongle connect. So, that tells me they are talking, but for some reason it's not continuing to the next step which is to mirror the display. If the wireless dongle is on and the phone is not connected, you get a few static images telling you how to connect the devices.

I've tried different HDMI cables, different power supplies, skipping my receiver altogetherther and connecting it directly to my TV. When connecting to the TV, it tells me it's receiving a 720p signal from the wireless adapter.

I've checked and according to Samsung's store and Play Store, I am running the latest software.

I'm rooted, but running the stock ROM.
    11-18-2012 03:10 PM