Any tips to have a Christmas theme GS3?

Illmusiq

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Gotta 3rd party launcher? Could look at some icon packages...wallpaper of course, if you have the right launcher you could have a page with apps arranged as a Christmas tree or something...jingle bells as a ringtone, reindeer bells as a notification sound lol...a lot you could do depending on where you're at right now as far as customization, and how far you're willing to go

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
you can use Go Launcher and find a Christmas Theme on the play store, it automatically creates a theme for you with icons and more
If you want to be more creative and create your own style, use Nova Launcher, and you can download icon sets and widgets and more so you can customize it for yourself
I also suggest using Wallbase or PicSpeed Wallpapers app for finding good wallpapers...they can be found at the Play store

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Or, just go down to a store and buy a can of white flocked Christmas tree spray; spray your phone like a white flocked Christmas tree; wrap some red & green ribbons around it; maybe a few little jingly balls & some tinsel . . . . and call it good! Yo Ho Ho! :)

. . . just kidding. ;) Couldn't help myself. :-[

I also recall seeing several Christmas wallpaper themes @ google play. There's also some live wallpapers w/ snow falling & Christmas lights, etc. Maybe do a google play search for Christmas themes?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1353272914016.jpg
What can i say, blood on snow looks cool to me.
Tryin to find a better clock.
Just google search a xmasy scene for a wallpaper.
Give me a shout if u wana know how i got live snow falling over my own wallpaper.
When i click weather, it takes me to my weather app.
Ive made my dock icons invisible as i know what they all are :)

Much easyer for a beginner is to do what rest of the guys are saying. Theres loads of xmas live wallpapers and xmasy icon replacements.
You really wana use a custm launcher though :thumbup:

Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, are my eyes going out or something? :confused: Did you just say that 'blood on snow looks cool' to you? :confused: :-! :p

Btw, is it really snowing over in Glasgow this week, funky? :)

Illmusiq

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
At the risk of sounding like a noob. What's a launcher?

It's the "skin" for your home screen and app management center pretty much. TW is pretty cool, but there are other launchers that give you more flexibility. Things like changing icons, gesture control from your home screen, different animations for swiping through home screens and launching applications, etc...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, are my eyes going out or something? :confused: Did you just say that 'blood on snow looks cool' to you? :confused: :-! :p

Btw, is it really snowing over in Glasgow this week, funky? :)

Yeah theres somethin ironic about it, im a freak :)
Looks better with a bit of colour anyway
uploadfromtaptalk1353282294223.jpg
See! :)

Umm havent heard bout snow. It hasnt dropped below zero yet, who knows with scotland tho mate lol :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh like what Blackberry has, are launchers dangerous? what if I want my phone to look normally again?

Launchers can save your set up so save your "normal" set up. Plus the stock launcher will always be there if you wana go back to it :)
If you look at my pic, the bar at the top is hidden but if i swipe my finger up the screen, it appears.
Also at the bottom, the place with those icons are called docks. With custom launchers, you can have 5 docks that you scroll through and each icon can have a secondary function by swiping it so thats potentialy 50 apps just in your dock.
In my pic it looks like theres no dock but there is, i just made the icons invisible and i know where they are.
Its stuff like this that makes your phone unique.... and confuses friends :)

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I think a launcher might be too much for me at the moment, there's a lot of simple things I still don' know how to do.

I so far just want cool christmas sounds when I receive texts, a nice ringtone and some widgets would be nice. I'm so pumped =D

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I think a launcher might be too much for me at the moment, there's a lot of simple things I still don' know how to do.

I so far just want cool christmas sounds when I receive texts, a nice ringtone and some widgets would be nice. I'm so pumped =D

Lol it was actualy making my winter homescreen thats made me feel xmasy :)
I havent felt xmasy for the past 4 years coz my lil bro died on 15th december in an accident n got burried like a week before xmas.
Think we only do xmas for his kids sake.

Just had a mad thought..... is that subconciously why ive made bloody snow??
Any shrinks here lol??? :)

Oops. Back on topic. OP download the "Zedge" app mate. Plenty ringtones, alert tones, wallpapers.... therel be plenty xmas goodies on there :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
P.s, launchers arent scary.
The thing you see when u press home is the stock launcher
Heres my folder screen
uploadfromtaptalk1353293464397.jpg
Heres my messy screen
uploadfromtaptalk1353293505011.jpg
:)

Last edited:

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry about your little bro, bro.That messy screen looks really bad, seems like you have to spend a lot of time to make the screen look good. I wonder though, in Windows Phone you can change the "theme's" of some stuff. Can you do that in touchwiz? Like changing the color of the letters.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about your little bro, bro.That messy screen looks really bad, seems like you have to spend a lot of time to make the screen look good. I wonder though, in Windows Phone you can change the "theme's" of some stuff. Can you do that in touchwiz? Like changing the color of the letters.

Honestly, I think launchers and custom icons might be too complicated for you, as you have said yourself. If you just stick with the stock touch wiz launcher and just add some Christmas wallpapers, it will probably still look very nice.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Ive honestly never used TW launcher mate so duno soz.
I dont mind my messy screens, just like2have a pretty centre one :)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys, and yeah I'm a total Android noob. It took me until the phone updated to Jelly Bean to figure out where to find alarms and I still don't know how to get add other languages to the keyboard.

I'l download a Christmas song and see if I can turn it into a Ringtone. It certainly can't be as a pain in the ass as on Windows Phone.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Didnt u llike WP mate?
Id like to try one.. the hardware is beautiful :)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer: