Foxfi Download (old version)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Find it in your file manager (probably in downloads folder)
What browser u usin?
Tap the file and it should ask if u wana install ;)
P.s, MyFiles is a file manager that came preinstalled
P.s you have to check "accept from unknown sources" or whatever in settings
a2ege3yh.jpg

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Did my dropbox link get deleted mods?
It was of a free app...

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Ichigo101

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH! Youve just made my night! :) sneaky auto updated, so uninstalled and googled non useage limit and hey presto this popped up! Thank you, you have saved my internet! :D

You have just saved my internet, and my night! I bow down to you oh great internet user fellow! :D

Does your device not have a tethering and portable wifi option in your wireless settings?(in your phones settings not on an app im meaning) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

tpc7522

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
dl'ed and installed but it still says this app no longer supported. please upgrade to continue free version. it says Ver. 1.91.2

efb01

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yup... You downloaded it just in time for the nasty guy to kill it! I used it over the weekend with no problems... Tried today & it was killed! Oh, well... Nice while it lasted!

liquid_metal

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Why would you want it?

The entire internet has completely gone to hell, overrun by SPAM and fraud.

Take up curling, it's a much better way to spend your free time in winter.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yup... You downloaded it just in time for the nasty guy to kill it! I used it over the weekend with no problems... Tried today & it was killed! Oh, well... Nice while it lasted!

Dont the old versions work bro? I used it 2days ago (an old version)

ctgruel

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Any update on Foxfi and Sprint? I installed the 1.95.4 version on my S3 and tried to connect my iPad. "unable to join network XXX" was the error message on the iPad.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
So I was about to uninstall FoxFi ( version 1.91) and decided to instead "Clear Data". I then rebooted, tried to start again but got the "no internet" screen. I then noticed that at the very bottom under "Hash Code" the field was empty ( before there were #'s) I then inputted 1234 hit enter and it generated a new "Hash Code". I then tried again and Viola it is working again. I have had it on for 20 minutes so far. :p:p

M8R08j5nh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Starting a few days ago, my free older version (1.8) of FoxFi refused to launch saying it was not supported and to upgrade to the newest versions. I installed 1.9.x (prior to the paid versions) and received the same error message. Since FoxFi was working perfectly before, I knew the dev killed my older version. It turns out that when you start FoxFi and it is "testing internet connection", the program is actually phoning home to dev.foxfi.com - sending who-knows-what-payload - and the server is telling the program to not launch.

Workaround to get older version of FoxFi to work (root instructions only)
  1. Install Hosts Editor (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.treb.hosts&hl=en&token=LuNzvBzr)
  2. Add entry to point dev.foxfi.com to 127.0.0.1

You can now launch older versions of FoxFi without problems.

M8R08j5nh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I guess nobody reads the posts above? I have now been on 45 minutes using the method I used in post #37.

You posted that 14 minutes ago. I guess I could time-travel prior to finding my workaround yesterday (and ignore the research I've done the past two days) and try your solution.. Remember that I had a fully working copy of 1.8 running - with hashcode - prior it the upgrade message being forced on me. Having a missing hashcode had nothing to do with my problem.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood.......... Won't you be, won't you be....... My neighbor. Did not mean to upset you, if by chance I upset you again, my apologies in advance. You have a good day Sir!

M8R08j5nh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood.......... Won't you be, won't you be....... My neighbor. Did not mean to upset you, if by chance I upset you again, my apologies in advance. You have a good day Sir!

Sorry, not really upset, just thought it was ridiculous giving the post timings. I over-reacted. I apologize and would like to be your neighbor.

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
So I was about to uninstall FoxFi ( version 1.91) and decided to instead "Clear Data". I then rebooted, tried to start again but got the "no internet" screen. I then noticed that at the very bottom under "Hash Code" the field was empty ( before there were #'s) I then inputted 1234 hit enter and it generated a new "Hash Code". I then tried again and Viola it is working again. I have had it on for 20 minutes so far. :p:p

You sir......yes you!!!!

Have just saved this thread. "Foxfi....get your Foxfi here!!!!!"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Stil usin foxfi fine :)
Is there a viable free alternative yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos