Foxfi Download (old version)

Ds Note 2 Sprint

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You posted that 14 minutes ago. I guess I could time-travel prior to finding my workaround yesterday (and ignore the research I've done the past two days) and try your solution.. Remember that I had a fully working copy of 1.8 running - with hashcode - prior it the upgrade message being forced on me. Having a missing hashcode had nothing to do with my problem.

I can get my hotspot to show from my Samsung Galaxy S Blaze (tmobile 4.0.4 version) on my tablets and spare phone HOWEVER it will not connect. Can someone please help me thx!

Ds Note 2 * Sprint user on jellybean version 4.1.1 *

4Evaurs

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for sharing this link! I was all over the place looking for an old version since the new update has a time limit. I hate the time limit it goes too fast. The full version is not guaranteed to work well either.

killakiel

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Foxfi Download (old version) razr maxx verizon

Please help. I have searched everywhere on the net to find the old version of foxfi. I have a razr maxx on Verizon. Hope you won't punish me for that since it seems to all be sprint on this thread. I didn't know if it is the same as what you have to do on your device. You seem to be the king, so please help me!!!! Thank you.

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Please help. I have searched everywhere on the net to find the old version of foxfi. I have a razr maxx on Verizon. Hope you won't punish me for that since it seems to all be sprint on this thread. I didn't know if it is the same as what you have to do on your device. You seem to be the king, so please help me!!!! Thank you.

Theres a link on page 1. If you can't access it, pm me your email. No big deal man! I'm actually Verizon.....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this post! I'd have been more than happy to pay for the full version, but the reviews really concern me that it isn't reliable yet. Two days ago the city cut the underground cable that feeds my building internet, and until they get that fixed I was stuck restarting FoxFi every 10 minutes to get a connection on my laptop.

iamxpace

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
so... I did everything you said but there was no new hashtag number and it still says this verision no longer works. What do I do now?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Ive started usin the native tethering option and my carrier havent cut me off yet :)
3 UK btw, they so stupid, i use 30gb p/m for ?15 :)

Maybe its the APN im using, if youre on "3" pm me for the APN :)

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

bizzznatch

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
i didnt have much luck with the first. it works but it activates the vzw hotspot and drops intermittently. thats how i found this page before,bcause foxfi was the only one that gave me a truly reliable connection :( ill try the other one but people say that one activates vzw hotspot as well, and that seems to be when stuff starts to hiccup. honestly ill pay for foxfi, but i hear the paid version doesnt really work :(

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
i didnt have much luck with the first. it works but it activates the vzw hotspot and drops intermittently. thats how i found this page before,bcause foxfi was the only one that gave me a truly reliable connection :( ill try the other one but people say that one activates vzw hotspot as well, and that seems to be when stuff starts to hiccup. honestly ill pay for foxfi, but i hear the paid version doesnt really work :(

I thought it activated the vzw hot spot as well. But it seems that it just uses the settings. Foxfi did the same thing and no charges or activation happened. Verizon customer service verified this also.

I'm using the 2nd one

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

bizzznatch

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
for some reason any of the hotspot apps that use the native hotspot functionality always drop connection for me. thatd the only place the concern came from, i know they wont add it to your bill :)

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Foxfi was working fine (with putting "1234" under the hashtag) but as of today, that fix no longer works. Foxfi developers caught on.

Bummer............I still can get my second option to work using "Widgetsoid" to activate the native hotspot (works perfect). I am still on ICS though, so I do not know if it will work on JB.

Irakli Teneishvili

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
HI there i try to change the hash code in 1.91 version of foxfi and reboot the phone but it still keep show massage that this version nolonger supported and need to be updated . do you have any other suggestion how to make it working?
Thanks

mikeb9550

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I was in the same boat. My backup of the old one stopped working. I also don't like how they changed their buiseness model and force the old apps to not work unless u buy the key. I think if they would just had asked for a donation would have been better. That said I really liked the app and figured I would give it a try. Worse case it doesn't work and I "donated" 7 bucks since the app has saved me much more than that in fees.

What I have a hard time with is how did it stop working if I didn't update the app? They should not have access unless the app checks a site when it opens.

Well it's working great so far. Connected my iPad crazy fast until I disconnected it 40 min later. I uninstalled the old version, installed the paid key, then installed 1.95.3. Running 4.04 ics on razr maxx.

thechidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
ok this is weird. after installing the apk I opened the app and it gave me the dreaded not supported error. Ok I was tethering from my tab 2 when I did this. I closed the app and there is no indication that it's tethering but my mac is STILL RECEIVING internet from foxfi! not sure how this is happening but it seems to be working.

thechidz

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so here's what you need to do to get the foxfi hotspot to work with the old version of foxfi
install the free version if you haven't already done so. turn on the tethering. While you are ALREADY tethering to a device like you laptop and or ipad etc... download the apk open the file on your device after downloading. you will get an error message that the device is no longer supported but will notice that you are already tethering and you will no longer be timed out. The apk file will be on you phone so you can repeat this process anytime you shut down your devices and restart and would like uninterrupted tethering. This is working like a charm on my samsung tab 2 LTE verizon device, I haven't tested on other device if you do please report results.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance