Should I wait to root?

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Depends what u want to customize....if you want to customize ur homescreens, there is no need for rooting, but if u want to customize ur notification bar and other things like that, you have to root, so even if Jelly Bean came out, u still will need to root to customize those other things

This is exactly what I'm looking to do, and I know I would still have to root I'm just wondering would it be less future headache for me to wait or if it'll be relatively straightforward to upgrade once I do root and mod, don't plan on flashing any ROMS yet as far as I can tell

Sent from my Red GS3

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This is exactly what I'm looking to do, and I know I would still have to root I'm just wondering would it be less future headache for me to wait or if it'll be relatively straightforward to upgrade once I do root and mod, don't plan on flashing any ROMS yet as far as I can tell

Sent from my Red GS3

Well as far as I can tell ya, you might as well root if you want to do those things
The only thing I would say u would be missing is the features of 4.1.2 (Multi window feature, new gallery, more.), because AT&T is supposedly getting that update instead of 4.1.1 that everyone else gets.
Jelly B

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Lol "3gs to gs3" i like u man. Ur a funny dude :beer:
(Not a pick up line.... or is it) :p
:confused: . . . Urr a funny dude too, funky. ;) Okay, one quick man-hug, and that's it! . . for now. :-* ;)

I'm also in the minority I guess, who's just sashaying along fine with TouchWiz, so far. ;)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just root and flash cm10. You
Will have your jelly bean, and can block ads and everything

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Hmm.. Probably what I'll end up doing, even tho I'm part of the minority that actually likes touchwiz lol

Sent from my Red GS3

I'd say go for it then. Just rooting is cake :)

Why?

All the cool kids are doing it, Come join us;-)

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

Exactly what he said :D lol

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
:confused: . . . Urr a funny dude too, funky. ;) Okay, one quick man-hug, and that's it! . . for now. :-* ;)

I'm also in the minority I guess, who's just sashaying along fine with TouchWiz, so far. ;)

Augh our bits touched!!
Felt ok tho eh ;)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
All i like about TW is the not' bar power toggles but theres apps for that eh...
..question.. whats slicker/lighter, CM10 or a Vanilla JB rom?
Im veering towards vanilla..
Im a wana-be Nexus owner lol and i dont use any of samsungs software add-ons.
Are there any final, complete vanilla roms?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So my computer doesn't recognize my phone when it's in download mode. Oh well.

Sent from my Red GS3

Usually this means your computer doesn't have the Samsung drivers installed. Let me ask skunk (root guru in the Sprint area) if it would be okay for you to use the drivers from the Sprint rooting area since they are just the drivers for samsung in general. Brb! :p

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Usually this means your computer doesn't have the Samsung drivers installed. Let me ask skunk (root guru in the Sprint area) if it would be okay for you to use the drivers from the Sprint rooting area since they are just the drivers for samsung in general. Brb! :p

Sent from my Red GS3

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Red GS3

Hi,

I hear you are having issues getting the computer to recognize your phone.

Here's what I would like you to try.

1. go to your computers control panel / add and remove software (win xp) or programs and features windows 7.
2. Uninstall Kies and Samsung drivers.
3. When complete, restart computer and phone.

Download these Drivers

4. Install the drivers on your computer but do not plug in your phone until it has completed.
5. plug in your phone that is already started. It should now recognize your phone and at the bottom right corner say it is installing the software for your phone. click on view details. Several drivers should load and as it progresses green checks will appear when successful.
Now you should be able to continue. Here is my guide to the root the AT&T Version. All required files and detailed instuctions can be found there. If you have any problems feel free to contact me through that thread. I am subscribed to that thread and will received notifications.

How to Root The AT&T Galaxy S3 (From The Sprint Forums)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital