Send different groups with in Google Contacts to voice mail

Arfer

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I have all my Google contacts logically split into groups ie work, friends, family etc.
What I'd like to do is be able to leave the phone on and be able to divert all calls from people in my "work" group to voice mail for example,whilst leaving all other contacts in other groups to ring the phone as normal.And then to be able to return back to normal easily ie I want to be able to do it using groups within my contacts and not by building up white and black lists.Is there a way to do this on the phone natively ?
TIA,

Arfer

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply :) Yea, what I'm after is to be able to select any group within my Google contacts and have the ability to send to voice mail as a group globally ie If I'm in a meeting I want my friends group and family group sent to voice mail but my business group stays as normal and then the ability to put my family group on after the meeting and the friends group when I finish work. So I'm hoping I can get something that interacts with Google contacts groups,rather than have to rebuild massive lists. Seems to me a big oversight if it's not possible, after all what's the point of groups within contacts unless you can utilise them? Any thoughts ?