Top Browser?

juniorgolf18

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Samsung GS3 - came from iPhone...

Reading about these browsers, the stock seems quick but I hate how the bookmarks are situated. I downloaded dolphin hd and am thinking of downloading the chrome browser. Most of the comments I searched for were a month or more ago and I see chrome has updated some stuff since then.

One thing I noticed, dolphin is only 5 mb or so but chrome is 18.99 mb, why so big and the big diff??

What is your browser experience...?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I use Firefox on my Windows and Linux machines and also on Android. My bookmarks and major settings are synced automatically and easily across all my devices, and Firefox supports flash on Android pretty well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

plkevlar

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Chrome is by far the best in my opinion, I've had over thirty tabs open for weeks now and it always seems to run perfect and smooth

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jamiethemac

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
If you use chrome on your laptop/computer then you really need it on your phone, even if it's just to sync your bookmarks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Illmusiq

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Chrome was nice but it didn't play nice with 3rd party keyboards, dolphin was great until my jelly bean update, not sure what happened, Firefox has been great for me so far

begges

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I use dolphin. I don't know how to make Chrome tabs tabbed. It's always like windows where you swipe it from left to right and vv. I don't know if I just had my settings wrong but that's the reason why I changed from Google C to dolphin.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

juniorgolf18

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses. I went ahead and downloaded Chrome to test it first hand. Wow, it's very fast. Noticeably faster than Dolphin. I had my wife check and she said no comparison. I do like dolphin's tabs at the top and chrome handles tabs differently, but it synced right up with my desktop bookmarks and voila they were all right there.

Going to use Chrome for now. But keep Dolphin if I need flash.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
My stock browser syncs the bookmarks with Chrome on my desktop. Not sure why people think Chrome is needed on the S3 to sync bookmarks.

I use the stock browser 90% of the time but have Chrome and Dolphin installed as well.

plkevlar

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
That's actually my favorite part of chrome is how it handles tabs. I have a small 4.8inch screen in front of me. I don't wanna look at an address bar with tabs taking up and inch of that space. I love chrome

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

juniorgolf18

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I keep trying dolphin. The reviews are so good. But there is no comparison in speed to chrome.

Stock browser is right there with it. And both sync bookmarks.

Not sure the dolphin love affair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678