Top Browser?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
now that im in love with chrome.... today i ran into my 1st situation where flash was required :(
The web just isnt ready for browsers with no flash!

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Dementikko

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Dolphin Browser Beta just because it has been the fastest browser I have ever used mobile. I've even tested it by all the browser benchmarks that are available and it has been superior to Chrome.

juniorgolf18

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Dolphin Browser Beta just because it has been the fastest browser I have ever used mobile. I've even tested it by all the browser benchmarks that are available and it has been superior to Chrome.

May be just the sites visiting... I deleted Dolphin cause it just didn't even compare to Chrome speed wise.... BUT I will say Dolphin doesn't use much memory and Chrome is a memory hog

juniorgolf18

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
now that im in love with chrome.... today i ran into my 1st situation where flash was required :(
The web just isnt ready for browsers with no flash!

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

That's why I keep the stock browser for that.

Chrome does use a lot of memory - 58 mb or so and in task killer it's worth about 100m on the scale when on or not

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
That's why I keep the stock browser for that.

Chrome does use a lot of memory - 58 mb or so and in task killer it's worth about 100m on the scale when on or not

Yeah its just so fast n silky though, nxt time i need flash, ill jst copy/paste to Firefox.
Ram doesnt bother me as long as i can listen to tunes while browsing :)

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Chrome is still tha best to me syncs up wit chrome on ur computer and brings all ur bookmarks along fa tha ride and u can open a page on ur phone and pick up where u left off at on u computer or tablet they all talk to each other thru chrome

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353967917312.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353967917312.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 14

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
B good if i owned a pc or tab lol :(
Nice browser though... someone should make a flash add-on for it though.

Firefox syncs with PC too btw :)

juniorgolf18

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah its just so fast n silky though, nxt time i need flash, ill jst copy/paste to Firefox.
Ram doesnt bother me as long as i can listen to tunes while browsing :)

That reminds me of a question... re RAM. What is a good # to keep available through killing apps etc...?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
That reminds me of a question... re RAM. What is a good # to keep available through killing apps etc...?

Tbh i dont think it matters.
Remember theres two s3 versions, 1gb and 2gb, my 1gb has 100gb free justnow :)

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried Chrome but there seems to be no way to make my default to be desktop view. I can "request desktop site" but it seems that I must change to that each time. Am I missing something? In Dolphin I can set desktop mode as my default.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Go to whatnver app is your default in app managnr and "clear defaults1

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Go to whatnver app is your default in app managnr and "clear defaults1

The default that I am talking about is not making Chrome my default app but I am talking about when I use Chrome is shows the page as a Android view and then I have to change it to "request desktop site". This has to be done each time I go to a site but in Dolphin I can make that my default view and any page I go to is ina desktop view.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
The default that I am talking about is not making Chrome my default app but I am talking about when I use Chrome is shows the page as a Android view and then I have to change it to "request desktop site". This has to be done each time I go to a site but in Dolphin I can make that my default view and any page I go to is ina desktop view.

Ah right.was reading tired sorry. If u bookmark the page in desktop view, wont it remember that?
If not, tap the address bar, remove "m." From the start and bookmark that

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I use Chrome. Between this, and stock this one gets the job done quite nicely. Never tried the Dolphin browser, but I might give it a go next.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma