Downloads saving to internal memory INSTEAD of external SD?

kingnothing

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I connected my S3 to the computer today to get some pics off my old EVO LTE and noticed that downloads (PDFs, pics, ect.) were saving to the phone's internal memory instead of my 64gb card. I have a huge download folder on my external card that I would like pics to save on but they keep going to internal memory. Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere? Camera shots always go to the card but not the downloads. I pretty much just want anything downloaded via email, browser or Beam to head to the actual SD card. Any help? BTW, I'm running a Sprint S3 with stock Jelly Bean and using Chrome mostly. (Sometimes I use Dolphin)
Thanks!

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
That's the way android works. Not sure if there is an app or anything really that could change it. I manually move stuff over once in awhile

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen any setting in Chrome that you can modify, but Dolphin does allow you to specify the location. Navigate to:
(Menu button) -> More -> Settings -> Privacy & Personal Data -> Download Directory. From there you'll be able to create/pick a new location for downloads.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
You can set the cam to save to extSd and apps like Tubmemate but mostly have to move em urself.
Its the new way of memory.
Google dont want expandable memory mate

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1