Sandisk Micro SDXC card work with SG3?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Itl be fine.
Theres just a lot of reports of s3 "frying" SDs and they only replace them if theyr Samsung branded but Sandisk do replace them.
Just keep it backed up mate.

P.s, anyone checked out the Sandisk app? What a waste of a download. Lets you back up to cloud but they dont have their own cloud service lol its gota be dropbox, box, etc. Total crap :)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes it will work fine, i have the same card.

I would highly recommend you format the card to FAT32 when you get it though.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes it will work fine, i have the same card.

I would highly recommend you format the card to FAT32 when you get it though.

Why is everyone saying format to "FAT32" mate? :confused:

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
Why is everyone saying format to "FAT32" mate? :confused:

Because the S3 won't recognize the card, that is why. It will read as a damaged sd card by the phone. Use Disk Utility on a Mac or right click to format on a PC and format to FAT32. The sd card will now work perfectly. I have the 64gb sandisk in mine. No issues.

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Actually some s3's do recognize the cards without formatting, mine did for a while. But eventually i ran into problems whenmi tried to access the card though cwr.

One of those stupid annoyances i guess lol

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
$40 for a 64GB micro sd seems pretty good if it works with SG3? I've heard rumors and read some things here about Samsung making it difficult for non-samsung made micro sd cards working on it?

SanDisk Mobile Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC Flash Card Model SDSDQUA-064G-A11A

Newegg.com - SanDisk Mobile Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC Flash Card Model SDSDQUA-064G-A11A

I have the same model and I've been using it since I got the GSIII. Didn't format when I popped it in. Been using whatever file system it came with

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the same model and I've been using it since I got the GSIII. Didn't format when I popped it in. Been using whatever file system it came with

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
It comes formatted. Just put it in the phone, and use it.

---
Never had an iphone, and don't want one. Tapatalk on Samsung GS3.

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Because the S3 won't recognize the card, that is why. It will read as a damaged sd card by the phone. Use Disk Utility on a Mac or right click to format on a PC and format to FAT32. The sd card will now work perfectly. I have the 64gb sandisk in mine. No issues.

I just formatted my 32gb class10 in the phone n its fine.
Is it just the 64gb ones that should be fat32?

frekiluv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Fat32 is good. Exfat is good if 32GB or less. Exfat allows larger than 4g files. I use fat32 with 64kb allocation on uhs1class10 64g.

composed by my imaginary construct for you.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Again, it does not need to be formatted.
But if you must, use a formatter for SD cards, and a reader made for SDXC cards

--Tapatalk on Samsung GS3.

Jan Shivley

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
all of a sudden my phone (Samsung galaxy 3) said my sandisk 64g card was damaged. I put it in another phone and it said the same thing. I did the format and now the phone recognizes it but will not let me load anything onto it. It says I have no room but the sandisk memory zone software on the phone shows it as empty.
Can anyone tell me what to do? I hate to buy another and start over. I also tried to restore everything onto the card from the Samsung Kies software and backup.
Thanks!!
Jan

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Jan,
There's a long, troubled history between the Samsung Galaxy S III and SanDisk memory cards. Depending on how long ago you got that SDCard you may be experiencing what has been a very common occurrence. SanDisk supposedly came out with a fix (sometime in the last few months?), so your best bet would be to contact them directly (http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/warranty-and-user-guides/warranty-americas/) for a warranty replacement. Sorry for your troubles.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Jan,
There's a long, troubled history between the Samsung Galaxy S III and SanDisk memory cards.
It isn't just Sandisk cards. Many other brands have gone bad.
Call SanDisk tech support to get a new one.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.

11j11

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey, this goes to anyone who knows about this stuff.

What's this about frying SD cards?

I've got a regular S3.

I'd like to get a smaller smartphone. I was thinking the S4 mini, but, if the S3 mini can take a 64gb SD then, that's pretty much the only difference, to me, between the two, and I'd be happy with the S3. HOWEVER, if I'm going to be going through expensive SD cards then I won't really be saving any money by going with the S3.

So, is this a verified issue? Is there any way to avoid it?

Any info about this would be appreciated. :)

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Sandisk has made changes to the cards. As long as you have one 1 year old or less, there should be no problem.
Back up the phone anyway.

AC App on SGS3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad