My wife's S3 is dead :(

sashlon

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

My wife and I each have S3s (i9300). Mine is rooted with a custom rom, hers has never been altered. Her phone died yesterday. She made a call, checked her notifications, then locked it and set it down. An hour later she went to use it and it was dead. She plugged it into the charger - nothing. I put my battery in her phone - nothing. Its only 4 months old, never dropped, never altered.

Is it dead? Is there anything I can do?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Try holding power and volume up at same time until something appears to see if its actualy dead....
Least it isnt hacked so is under warranty.
Good luck man:thumbup:

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

sashlon

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Try holding power and volume up at same time until something appears to see if its actualy dead....
Least it isnt hacked so is under warranty.
Good luck man:thumbup:

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Sadly, nothing. Man this sucks. She's a long time iPhone user, it took a lot to get her to try android. Now she's pretty irritated obviously.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Thats her trust in an OS ruined by a poor quality controlld manufacturer mate.
My condolencies :(

daflake

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, nothing. Man this sucks. She's a long time iPhone user, it took a lot to get her to try android. Now she's pretty irritated obviously.

Happens... My wife's iPhone did the same thing, so you can't really blame the vendor. Also, look at the multitude of people that had problems with the home button on the iPhone. Her phone should be covered by a warranty and easily replaced.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Its just one of those things, theyre pushing out SO MANY of these things.
Like sometimes u get the odd green crisp (potato chip) lol.
Has she done a lot of customisation or will replacing it be quite painless?
I hated when i had to reset mine without backup...... 2days of gettin it how i like it lol :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I suggest leaving it plugged in to charge over night. Try booting it in the morning and see what happens. It's well within warrant so no worries about getting it fixed or replaced. Stop by the carrier and see what they can do before calling up Samsung for a warrant service.

Hassan Baig

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar problem. I have bought S3 three days before, brought it home and setup WiFi, i did not even insert my sim card in it. Browsed a bit, downloaded angry bird and i think i also updated Samsung apps. I bought this phone from Abu Dhabi under national warranty and i am living in Norway. I cannot claim the warranty and i have no plans in near future to travel to Abu Dhabi and claim warranty.

The phone is just DEAD, it does not turn ON .. it is jet black beautiful screens ... i ahev tried power+vol+home button. I have confirmed its battery is charged.

Please, provide some solution how to wake up this phone. My just 3 days old phone :(