Pasting issue on S3 and Jelly Bean

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi! Unfortunately I installed via Ota the last official Jelly Bean version for my S3!
Although I'm reluctant to install things when all work fine, but at same time I'm curious about upgrades.
So after installed the last Jelly Bean version for my phone I couldn't paste text as I have always done!
I noticed the crashes of Testservice program too (it has been mentioned on web as a issue due this last system upgrade).
Now I don't want to wait for the next upgrade and I read on web that to fix the issue it's need to root the phone and enter into system folders. Or restore the factory setting.
The second option is not recommendable for me because then I have to set all things, but perhaps the first option is the best way, but I know anything on root matter.
Now I ask you something:
1) after the root can I continue to receive officials Rom for phone via Ota?
2) how can I do to keep the warranty or come back to initial condition for warranty?
3) For root I need to install on pc drivers for S3 (Is there need for international Model? How can I know it?), to download cf-root.tar and load it when it will be requested by Odin installed on pc. Are the correct steps?

P.S.: I wanted to paste the Dropbox link of my configuration phone but I could't do it...for obvious reasons and then Tapatalk responds me that it can't receive my .png file because it need an upgrade on Play Store (is not available!); if I use This forum option - small size or full size - the program responds me that I need to log in and to inform administrator system if the problem persists. ..:(

Thank you for your attention!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
R: Pasting issue on S3 and Jelly Bean

Okay, i have solved the issue rooting my phone as said through the guides on web.
Just now i have tried to update operating system and i have got by system that the device has been modified and there aren't upgrades available.
Can I continue to receive official upgrades even if i have root permits?
Just I have got root permits I have received this message http://db.tt/drANF9ee.
What is mean? Why have I got the message?
Which anomalies could I have?
On http://db.tt/t1h3w5Ts you have my phone configuration.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Seems like you installed Clockwork Mod recovery when you rooted.
Id try n find a guide to reverse that so that you can get future OTA's....
....or you could boot into CWM, make a nandroid copy of your phones operating system and have fun installing custom roms like CM10?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

Seems like you installed Clockwork Mod recovery when you rooted.
Id try n find a guide to reverse that so that you can get future OTA's....
....or you could boot into CWM, make a nandroid copy of your phones operating system and have fun installing custom roms like CM10?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

i'm not expert about modding and rooting but I have just found something to come back to unroot phone, even to get back the warranty.
The root permits are served just to browse system folders and to modify the contained of the Clipboard folder.
You say that when I rooted my phone seems I installed Clockwork Mod, but am I obligated to load Clockwork (through Odin I just loaded Cf-root file)? And..when have I installed the Clockwork Mod?

But for now that I have root permits I notice that I can use apps as Titanium Backup for root users, finally I can add some filter for little and obscure payment connections of my provider phone.
On my rooted phone can I continue to receive official upgrades system?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i'm not expert about modding and rooting but I have just found something to come back to unroot phone, even to get back the warranty.
The root permits are served just to browse system folders and to modify the contained of the Clipboard folder.
You say that when I rooted my phone seems I installed Clockwork Mod, but am I obligated to load Clockwork (through Odin I just loaded Cf-root file)? And..when have I installed the Clockwork Mod?

But for now that I have root permits I notice that I can use apps as Titanium Backup for root users, finally I can add some filter for little and obscure payment connections of my provider phone.
On my rooted phone can I continue to receive official upgrades system?

Only if you havent changed the recovery to a custom one like Clockwork.
Cant remember what clockwork looks like these days but boot into recovery and take a pic if u can mate :)

umby75fg

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

Only if you havent changed the recovery to a custom one like Clockwork.
Cant remember what clockwork looks like these days but boot into recovery and take a pic if u can mate :)

Now i haven't camera to make a photo but I followed the guide at link http://galaxys3root.com/galaxy-s3-root/how-to-root-galaxy-s3/ with related file package to root the phone...
Then isn't Clockwork the same thing of recovery? :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2