Blue tint when switched off?

ConnorD

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed several times that my screen has a blue tint to it whilst the screen is off. Just wondered if anyone else has witnessed this on their s3 and if you know why?

By the way this isn't an issue I'm just a little curious

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the Pebble Blue GS3? Just wondering if that might have anything to do with casting a blue tint thru the Gorilla Glass display. Mine is Peb Blue, but I haven't noticed any blue tint in the display. So you're only noticing it when the 'screen is off', and the display screen is dark (black)?

Btw . . I remember reading, recently on some thread here, about a GS3 user who had contacted the Samsung (International CS, I think), to ask them specifically about why his first GS3 had, what appeared to him, a blue tint to the display, and why his second (warranty replacement) GS3 did not.
I think he said that he was told ? it's just a location specific Samsung manufacturing glitch, effected by a slight difference in display (Gorilla Glass 2?) materials ? resulting in some GS3 displays having what appears to be a blue tint, like you're seeing on your display screen.
Not sure if that's the case, or if it's been verified elsewhere, but it's what one member here reportedly was told by, (again, I think it was) Samsung CS. :confused: Anyone else read that post?

Last edited:

ConnorD

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah mines in pebble blue and it's just when the screen is off, like when you lock the phone. I only notice it every now and again when it's on a table or a desk, for example.

adanick2

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
It's got something to do with being an amoled screen, even my skyrocket looks like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Well, maybe mine has it too then. lol
I haven't really noticed any tint to it. :-\ Thanks a lot! . . now you've got me holding it up looking at it from every angle! :confused: :p ;)

ConnorD

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Haha you'll probably only see it when your not searching for it. And it isn't a problem or anything

adanick2

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the light has to hit it just right to see it, but I'm pretty sure they all have it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yep, mine is pebble blue and has it too. Not sure if it has anything to do it with it, but I usually notice is only when I'm wearing socks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia