I'm due for an upgrade and I'm naturally trying to decide between 2 of the top phones on Verizon. It seems like there isn't a sure fire winner either way. Does anyone have any comments or help on which phone would be better? I like the rom ability of the gs3 a lot.
    The main things I'm looking for are:
    Battery ....I know the maxx wins here but how much difference is there in daily use?
    Build quality... I've heard stories of glass braking on the gs3
    I live in a good signal area if that matters. I use to have the OG droid and loved installing roms. Is that reason worth it alone to go to the gs3? I also use a MacBook and have heard of issues with the gs3 not syncing right with theses computers?

Any help would be great appreciated
    11-28-2012 02:51 PM
    I'm due for an upgrade and I'm naturally trying to decide between 2 of the top phones on Verizon. It seems like there isn't a sure fire winner either way. Does anyone have any comments or help on which phone would be better? I like the rom ability of the gs3 a lot.
    The main things I'm looking for are:
    Battery ....I know the maxx wins here but how much difference is there in daily use?
    Build quality... I've heard stories of glass braking on the gs3
    I live in a good signal area if that matters. I use to have the OG droid and loved installing roms. Is that reason worth it alone to go to the gs3? I also use a MacBook and have heard of issues with the gs3 not syncing right with theses computers?

Any help would be great appreciated
    Do you plan to root your device, and install vanilla Android? Which do you prefer, Touch Wiz or Moto Blur? As for connecting to a Mac, just use Android File transfer. I use it on my MacBook Pro to connect my GS3, and it works like a champ, just drag and drop. Naturally I'd vote for the GSIII. I haven't been this satisfied with a smartphone since the iPhone 4.
    11-28-2012 03:56 PM
    Well if I get the gs3 I will flash cm10 to it. Can't stand TW. The new Motoblur looks to be pretty close to aosp so I guess in the end they would match up that way. Have you flashed yours at all? If you have how is the battery? I actually have the iPhone 4 now, how does its battery compare since you've used both? It seems like in the end I would be more happy with the gs3 since there would be options that I wouldn't have with the maxx.
    11-28-2012 04:06 PM
    Well if I get the gs3 I will flash cm10 to it. Can't stand TW. The new Motoblur looks to be pretty close to aosp so I guess in the end they would match up that way. Have you flashed yours at all? If you have how is the battery? I actually have the iPhone 4 now, how does its battery compare since you've used both? It seems like in the end I would be more happy with the gs3 since there would be options that I wouldn't have with the maxx.
    I havent flashed or rooted this device, but honestly the battery life here is excellent. I installed juice defender, and my battery lasts an entire day with plenty of charge left, and I consider myself to be a heavy user. There was a slight learning curve moving from iOS to Android but a very smooth transition. With developer support this is one of the most future proof devices out right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    11-28-2012 06:21 PM