Ford Sync / Galaxy S3 Starting Music When Starting Car

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a Sprint Galaxy S3 and a 2008 Mercury with Sync. I have all the latest updates to Sync and the phone.

When I start the car, Sync sends out a Bluetooth signal to the phone trying to pair with it. This happens even if the phone is already paired with a BT headset and/or when the car radio is set to FM. When this happens the phone begins to play the most recent song in Google Music. If I am listening to a podcast with Doggcatcher, the phone will stop the podcast and play a song.

If the phone is paired with Sync but Sync is set to the radio or CD, the phone may begin playing a song but I can't hear anything because the radio/Sync is set to FM or CD. I can look at the phone and see that the music player running. This is not very good for battery life on a long trip while listening to the radio.

This is extremely annoying that the phone should accept a BT command from Sync while already paired with another device. It is also annoying to have what I am already listening to changed by the phone. At times, I have even had both Doggcatcher and Music playing at the same time.

Does anyone have a fix for this behavior?

Thanks,
Walter

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
If it's pairing automatically, check the settings on Bluetooth. menu, system settings, bluetooth, menu, visible timeout...Is yours set for "Never Timeout"? If so, that's your issue.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
What music app are you using? Check the settings and make sure no 'start playing when headphones are connected' or related options are enabled.

CleanROM 5.0
Please check out:
My Podcast - Podcast Hosting | People Friendly
My Blog - Bear Pasta Rocket Pop

I use the start playing when headphones are connected option, and mine doesn't sync automatically and start playing in my trucks. His issue is definitely in the Bluetooth timeout area. I set mine for "never timeout" and it synced up and started playing automatically after a 12hr shift at the hospital. Was also killing my battery looking for new bluetooth stuff to connect to all night until I checked the box telling it only to look for stuff it's paired with.

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate the responses but still have the problem. I also talked to Sprint who had me do a firmware updates to the phone but none helped.

I also want to correct some terminology I used in my first post. I said "accept a BT command from Sync while already paired with another device" What I should have said was "while already connected to and working with another device."

What music app are you using? Check the settings and make sure no 'start playing when headphones are connected' or related options are enabled.

CleanROM 5.0
Please check out:
My Podcast - Podcast Hosting | People Friendly
My Blog - Bear Pasta Rocket Pop

I am using Google's Music app but the problem does not just occur with that app. Google Music does not have an option to start playing when headphones are connected.

The problem also happens when DoggCatcher (podcast player) had been running. It get in the car and Doggcatcher starts (sometimes even when the car radio is playing).

The problem can also happen if I am listening to DoggCatcher when getting in the car. Once the car is started and the phone syncs with Sync Google Music will start also with both apps playing at the same time.

Bluetooth is set to timeout after 2 minutes and only attached to paired devices.

Thanks for the input but still seeking a solution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz