I broke my S3 again.. Need new case

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I broke my phone again. I dropped it and it landed on a corner. That was all she wrote for the screen. This is the 2nd time I have done this. Now, I am a cheap fish poop. I do not want to spend $50 on a case. Does anybody know of a good case that is around $20?

Also a like and thanks to anyone who can tell me what I meant by *fish poop*

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
So you'd rather break your phone than spend an extra $20 on a case? How do you even rationalize that?

I've got an OtterBox Commuter and an OtterBox Defender. They're actually both pretty close in size. Differences being that the Commuter is rubber wrapped in plastic, and the Defender is plastic wrapped in rubber with a built in screen protector (which if I were using the Defender I would quickly rip out).

The Defender is easier to grip, the Commuter can be a bit slippery at times.

I use the Commuter. I've added grip to the back and added a built in kickstand. I've dropped my phone a couple of times from 3'ish and my S3 has come out perfect every time, not a scratch ding or crack.

You being cheap is pretty expensive.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had the following...

Otterbox Commuter - Its just to damn hard to put on and take off. Over all POOR design. Read the reviews on Amazon.

Otterbox Defender - Great case but the screen protector is a major failure. I have 2 defender cases. One white and one in black. The black one I ripped the screen protector off and used a Zagg IS with it for a short while. While the white defender case remains in tacked and lightly used.

But if your interested I can cut you a deal on any of these cases. PM me if you want on of them.

However if you want the perfect case....Look no further than URBAN ARMOR GEAR
On Amazon you can get it shipped for around $30 I think. Anyways good luck finding the perfect case for you!

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I have tried almost everything. At the moment I have a leather holster but I ordered the shell holster combo and the ringbo screen protectors. It was $11 for both of those shipped.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Also a like and thanks to anyone who can tell me what I meant by *fish poop*
Well, according to Wikipedia...under a search for: 'fish poop' ...it asks: " Did you mean: fish pool " :) And then this . . .

The page "Fish poop" does not exist. You can ask for it to be created, but consider checking the search results below to see whether the topic is already covered:

Tarō Gomi
Books published in English include Everyone Poops , Santa Through the Window, Where's the Fish? and The Crocodile and the Dentist. ...
1 KB (148 words) - 05:33, 18 November 2012

Pooper-scooper (redirect from Poop bag)
A pooper-scooper, or poop scoop, is a device used to pick up animal feces from ... contaminates water, creating health hazards for people, fish, ducks, etc ... 9 KB (1,208 words) - 02:41, 29 September 2012

Ally McBeal (season 1)
Richard Fish, to work in the firm he created with his friend John ... Caroline Poop files a sexual harassment claim against Cage and Fish. | ... 20 KB (2,771 words) - 15:00, 12 August 2012

. . .and then:

Internet vigilantism (redirect from Dog poop girl)
Dog Poop Girl ... videos was later revealed to be called "Crushfetish" who pay young girls to crush fish, insects, rabbits and other small animals. ... :eek:
34 KB (5,181 words) - 05:58, 14 November 2012

;)

The OtterBox Commuter is probably a good choice and good overall protection, imo, without being as bulky as the OB Defender. I really didn't like the Defenders' built-in plastic screen protector on my last iPhone, and the Defender actually damaged the phone ? by it's hard plastic case interior ? causing deep scratches in the phones backside, which of course degraded the phones resale value.

I'm using this UAG Aviator case. It's the best case I've ever used, with the only negative? that it's a little slicker than I expected it to be, and it's in the $25.~$26. range.

Last edited:

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
A big thank you to everyone who made a suggestion.

Special thanks and a like goes out to Flossofer for figuring out my play on words. Fish poop = bass turd.

Special Thanks to cgardner and fr3gstogs3 for the Urban armor UAG suggestions. Those just look way cool.

To grooverite for being a cheap fish poop like me and finding a $10 case that is better then my current one.

And back to fr3gstosg3. A like to him for pure effort. While he did not figure out my play on words, he went out of his way trying. I always say "Why do it when you can over do it?" So I respect him for it.

As for breaking my phones, it is not expensive at all. I have the Best Buy insurance. No co-pay. I just go 3 days without a phone (or use my touch pro 2) while they send out the replacement. Way better then Ashureon (not sure how that is spelled) that most cell carriers use. $100-$150 co-pay and you can only ever get it replaces twice ever.. no thanks

My current case.looks awsome, but no drop protection. $3.95 on eBay including shipping from china. Cat sold separately

uploadfromtaptalk1354250153035.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Here is the Ringbo screen protector pack: Amazon.com: Rearth Ultimate Clear Plus Samsung Galaxy S3 Rearth Ringbo Screen Protector for Sprint At&t T-Mobile Verizon US Cellular Unlocked i9300 3G GSM: Cell Phones & Accessories Generally the cheaper protectors are around that price range. I am kinda picky about screen protectors so for all I know I may send these back.

Here is the shell/holster: Amazon.com: Shell Holster Combo Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 with Kick-Stand -AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular and Sprint: Cell Phones & Accessories This is quite possibly the best case for the S3 in my opinion. For the price and what you get that is.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Bass turd!? . . . Bass turd!?! :eek: . . . how in the world do you get 'bass turd' out of 'fish poop' !?!? :confused: The two words don't even have the same letters, except for the 's', for crying pooping out loud !!! :rolleyes: lol :D

Of course my sincere thanks, McPlot, for your likes, thanks and honourable mention and all ;) . . . but wow, really? :p
Looking back, I'm not sure I properly understood the contest rules. :( ;) . . . I wonder, is there someplace I might file a challenge? ;)

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Basturd (bsss turd) as in the cuss word. A bass is a type of fish. A poop is also a turd

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had the following...

Otterbox Commuter - Its just to damn hard to put on and take off. Over all POOR design. Read the reviews on Amazon.

Otterbox Defender - Great case but the screen protector is a major failure. I have 2 defender cases. One white and one in black. The black one I ripped the screen protector off and used a Zagg IS with it for a short while. While the white defender case remains in tacked and lightly used.

But if your interested I can cut you a deal on any of these cases. PM me if you want on of them.

However if you want the perfect case....Look no further than URBAN ARMOR GEAR
On Amazon you can get it shipped for around $30 I think. Anyways good luck finding the perfect case for you!

Had the OB defender on my s3,ripped out the screen protector and got a zagg hd,slapped it on,done deal.

My one x is better then your one x!!
/
D:
\

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Basturd (bsss turd) as in the cuss word. A bass is a type of fish. A poop is also a turd
Oh! . . 'Basturd' . . okay, okay, I get it now. :) :-[
FWIW, it was not necessary to explain that: 'A bass is a type of fish.' & 'A poop is also a turd' . . :rolleyes: :p
But thanks all the same, McPlot. ;)

Btw, I think I saw the OtterBox Commuter, on Amazon, in the $16.~ $20. range, last time I checked.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok, my wife brow beat me into buying the otter box defender while we were at the mall.

bfdtpkt

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a red and black variation that's gorgeous. True red, black black. My problem is that I can't get my very-tight case-mate shell off my phone so I can put this back on.

Any ideas about how to get the shell off without damaging either the phone or the shell? The shell is almost as beautiful as the red and black one, and I'd like to be able to switch between them.

Case-mate: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...laxy-S3-Barely-There-Cases.asp&token=4ALRkTcn

Sent from my GT-I9300

Last edited:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Ok, my wife brow beat me into buying the otter box defender while we were at the mall.
. . . :eek: . .McPlot, McPlot, McPlot . . :rolleyes: . . what are we gonna to do with you? :confused: :p

Um, eh-um, excuse me, McPlot, but exactly what part of:

"~ I really didn't like the Defenders' built-in plastic screen protector on my last iPhone, and the Defender actually damaged the phone ? by it's hard plastic case interior ? causing deep scratches in the phones backside, which of course degraded the phones resale value."

. . . did you not understand?! :confused: :p ;)