Home button totally dead

mikeybum82

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
PLEASE HELP........my home button is deader than dead and cant find a solution....looked on loads of sites and all they keep showing me is stuff like how how to stop Svoice..dunno if iv downloaded a dodgy app or summet that changes settings, cant figure it out... Any body know wots happening... :confused:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
PLEASE HELP........my home button is deader than dead and cant find a solution....looked on loads of sites and all they keep showing me is stuff like how how to stop Svoice..dunno if iv downloaded a dodgy app or summet that changes settings, cant figure it out... Any body know wots happening... :confused:

Are you rooted?
When did you notice it happen?
Try restarting the phone

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Pull the battery too. That may fix it. Does it turn your screen on? As in its dead 100%?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy SIII

Madness87

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean it no longer works? It could be there is something wrong with the pressure plate underneath. Was the phone rooted or factory stock OS? If not, best bet is to get Samsung's warranty to cover it. No point risking or opening up your phone and replacing anything at this point either.

mikeybum82

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not rooted thought lots to do so tho.tried taking battery out. havnt reset it yet. should I? it won't wake screen or nowt. I notice it happened few days ago. don't realize how much needed home button so much.. thanks for all ya comments

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463