So I've switched from iPhone to android fairly recently and have a couple of things I used to be able to do that I can't figure out now how to do on Android. Hoping there are some simple solutions that I'm overlooking :-)

1. Pictures continuously turn sideways if I don't take the picture in landscape. I can remedy this when sending a picture message with gosms, but how would I solve this when uploading? For example when uploading a new twitter avi.

2. Is there a shortcut on how to scroll to the top of a page? iOS has the tap on the status bar shortcut, wondering if there is an android equivalent.

I know there's something else I can't think of right now but I'll update when it comes to me lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    11-30-2012 07:07 AM
    Lots of little, well thought out niceties in iOS that are missing in Android. You might try a different browser as Chrome doesn't do this.
    Hmm thanks ill poke around in the play store

11-30-2012 09:40 AM
    I think there is a gesture or motion on the phone where it will scroll to the top. Tapping the top of the phone or something like that, which you have to enable first.
    11-30-2012 11:24 AM
    I think there is a gesture or motion on the phone where it will scroll to the top. Tapping the top of the phone or something like that, which you have to enable first.
    Yea it only works in email and contacts, I wouldn't really need it in either situation. Thank you though!

funkylogik likes this.
    11-30-2012 11:43 AM
    Think its a habit from dumbphones that people take pics in portrait mode.
    The phone should be held horisontal with shutter at right hand side, think of the shape of a photograph and at the screen... its been this way a LONG time

Apple has tap2top patented i think but there may be an app. Would be really handy in browsers

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    11-30-2012 12:35 PM
    Think its a habit from dumbphones that people take pics in portrait mode.
    The phone should be held horisontal with shutter at right hand side, think of the shape of a photograph and at the screen... its been this way a LONG time

Apple has tap2top patented i think but there may be an app. Would be really handy in browsers

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    I think it's more a habit from having an iPhone for 3 years. It just automatically rotated it the way it needed to be lol

11-30-2012 12:51 PM
    I think it's more a habit from having an iPhone for 3 years. It just automatically rotated it the way it needed to be lol

Lol since my 1st sony ericsson cybershot phone with dedicated shutter button. Before iphones lol, every phone ive used in landscape!

Screenshots turn out as portrait so maybe theres a camera setting for when you want a tall thin pic???

11-30-2012 01:19 PM
    normally the camera app should put the picture in whatever way you took the picture. if worst comes to worst you could always adjust it in the gallery mode to fix the rotation.
    12-20-2012 12:02 PM
    I never have this rotating picture problem. Mine works just fine. Pictures only rotate when sending them via text occasionally. Other than that no problems here
    12-20-2012 02:01 PM