Problems with Jelly Bean Update

SAURABH AGARWALA

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I am facing issues after installing Jell bean update on my Samsung Galaxy S3 last Sunday, in an auto advised update from Samsung.. The gallery isnt working and hanging as I click on any snap.. The msgs search take too long and hangs in between.. Many buttons and screens are getting sticky i.e. response time has increased.. As a whole the phone has slowed down and got imperfect after this update.. I have rebooted the phone many a time, but the issue prevails.. Could you please help on what possibly could have gone wrong?? What can be the remedial measures to set my Samsung Galaxy S3 right??

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You should perform a Factory Reset. Be aware that this will wipe all of your apps, app data, etc (the phone will be like it comes out of the box) so be sure to backup any information that you care about first. Sync your contacts with Google; same goes for any calendar, email, etc.
That should correct the majority of issues you're seeing.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

SAURABH AGARWALA

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So, does that mean even all the automatic updates done by samsung also goes away including Jelly Bean update and I ll need to update again?? Can this problem be related to SD card??

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Theres a thread on jellybean bugs but id reset if i was u, dont shoot mamals unless u gona eat em!

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So, does that mean even all the automatic updates done by samsung also goes away including Jelly Bean update and I ll need to update again?? Can this problem be related to SD card??
No, all of the OS updates, including Jelly Bean, will still be present after the Factory Reset. You just need to be concerned with your user data (contacts; SMS/MMS; call logs; pictures/videos; etc). Unfortunately, there's no way to save your game progress unless your phone is rooted.

I doubt these problems have anything to do with your SDCard.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

NaveMac

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
My phone just updated last week and it's crap! I'm getting booted out of games, the response time is painful, and my audio is all jacked too! I think it's time to call and get a new phone. I don't feel like we should have to put all this work in to fix their goof-up. I bought my phone last year and when it upgraded to ice cream it worked better than it did before.
... That's my 2 cents...

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I see this is your first post. A little bit of advice: do some reading before you rant. Not only will you find that you're not the first to have issues with an OTA (and these issues go back way before JB), but the fixes are pretty well known, too. A factory reset will almost certainly fix your problems, and will be less work than getting a new phone.

And you won't get a new phone anyway. If you take it back to your carrier, the first thing they'll do is a factory reset, and hand it back to you.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, there's no way to save your game progress unless your phone is rooted.

Carbon Backup will do the trick. Don't even have to be rooted to use it, just gotta connect to your computer and access their website I think. Then, you can back up all apps and app data to something like dropbox and you're good to go.

So OP, use an app like Carbon back up (which also backs up your SMS) and back up all your apps to Dropbox. Pictures and videos to Dropbox too. Wipe, re-download the Carbon app, restore all your stuff and you're good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2