Power Saving

ducey99

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got my SIII 2 days ago and I haven't had any issues with the battery life but I'm wondering if the power Saving thing on the phone works. Does anybody use it?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII

MrNoDay5Off

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and returning back from an iPhone. Read around a couple forums that the phone has a bigger battery and does take a long ie to charge. I'm cool with that but the longevity is what's getting to me. I tried to turn off a lot of services to preserve battery and it still didn't help. Hide once jelly bean comes it may help.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
It's helped me to a degree but u need to check off everything in the power savings list to see a big improvement. Yesterday I worked a 12 hr shift, and I just got the phone so I'm still using it like a little boy with a new toy.... Downloaded crap ton of apps, modified everything, texted like crazy and I used Tango video with my wife. I got home with 28% battery. My old Evo would of lasted 3 maybe 4 hours doing all that lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I used it when I first got the phone and it works good as far as conserving battery juice but it slows down the CPU performance and will have the phone run slightly choppy. If you're used to a phone that runs a bit slower than a GS3, you won't notice the difference bit it does move a lil slower with the power saving feature on as opposed to it off. Try both settings and see if its something you can deal with. GS3 with power save mode off still has the best battery life of any smartphone I've ever owned IMO

ducey99

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and returning back from an iPhone. Read around a couple forums that the phone has a bigger battery and does take a long ie to charge. I'm cool with that but the longevity is what's getting to me. I tried to turn off a lot of services to preserve battery and it still didn't help. Hide once jelly bean comes it may help.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I'm sorry you're having problems with your battery. Have you tried doing a battery pull? I'm not having any issues with my battery but I was just wondering. I'm currently going on 9 hours off of one battery charge with 33% left. I think that's pretty good. I was just wondering if it's useful.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354487953423.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354487953423.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 32

ducey99

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I used it when I first got the phone and it works good as far as conserving battery juice but it slows down the CPU performance and will have the phone run slightly choppy. If you're used to a phone that runs a bit slower than a GS3, you won't notice the difference bit it does move a lil slower with the power saving feature on as opposed to it off. Try both settings and see if its something you can deal with. GS3 with power save mode off still has the best battery life of any smartphone I've ever owned IMO

Ok cool. I will try it and see. See my pictures above . I think I'm doing pretty good without power Saving mode on.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante