I hope everyone is enjoying Jelly Bean on their Galaxy S3's...

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
You mad bro?

-Sent from my Jelly Bean running, Rom running rooted and perfectly themed Sprint Galaxy S3 which I didn't have to root to get Jelly Bean because it already had it but I wanted to do it any way. :cool:

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't read any of the responses, but I bet I can guess at the jist of them.

I'll only say that I'll take this, obtained inside a factory located in some of the most remote region of BFE Midwest farmland. I'll take widespread 4G like this any day over the minor updates listed on the latest JB update. YMMV.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53291462/Speedtest/Screenshot_2012-12-05-11-45-44.png

-Suntan

I'm impressed, but not surprised that you, and a lot of other people here feel the need to justify the poor decision making skills that Verizon Wireless has displayed in pushing out the Jelly Bean update to one of their hottest selling phones. I love the way carriers will bend over backwards for Apple, but give other OEMS the backseat when it comes to priority. Sure LTE is fun, and loading my favorite YouTube videos, and websites faster all the while crushing through my data at an alarming rate is fun. I've expected more from AT&T, and Verizon but maybe that was poor judgement on my end. Either way this thread was made out of frustration after seeing that Canada would be getting the update before us. Little did I know we would also be getting the update immediately following.

I'm glad so many people here like to jump to conclusions based on my initial post, but I know I'm not alone in thinking that AT&T, and VZW need a faster way to push out updates to their top tier phones! /rant

EDIT: To the Moderators here sorry for any trouble I may have caused by this thread, but at the time of writing I was genuinely frustrated by the lack of update, and needed to vent!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm impressed, but not surprised that you, and a lot of other people here feel the need to justify the poor decision making skills that Verizon Wireless has displayed in pushing out the Jelly Bean update to one of their hottest selling phones. I love the way carriers will bend over backwards for Apple, but give other OEMS the backseat when it comes to priority. Sure LTE is fun, and loading my favorite YouTube videos, and websites faster all the while crushing through my data at an alarming rate is fun. I've expected more from AT&T, and Verizon but maybe that was poor judgement on my end. Either way this thread was made out of frustration after seeing that Canada would be getting the update before us. Little did I know we would also be getting the update immediately following.

I'm glad so many people here like to jump to conclusions based on my initial post, but I know I'm not alone in thinking that AT&T, and VZW need a faster way to push out updates to their top tier phones! /rant

EDIT: To the Moderators here sorry for any trouble I may have caused by this thread, but at the time of writing I was genuinely frustrated by the lack of update, and needed to vent!

It wasn't your fault. Three of us got into it over other aspects.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

plkevlar

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
4.1 is very important to me, changes such as being able to use the allshare dongle. Ics supported the dongle on every version except verizon. And I'm dying for some butter and Google now

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Either way this thread was made out of frustration after seeing that Canada would be getting the update before us.

I don't see the problem here. Why shouldn't we have gotten it before you? Our dollar is worth more than yours! (Where's my compensation for all those times I went to the USA back in the 90s and I only got $0.60...if that.... to your dollar?) :D

I still don't think I noticed a huge "buttery smoothness" increase after installing 4.1.1 on my SGS3...maybe I just got used to it very quickly, and forgot how "slow and laggy" it was prior, but I'm thinking not.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. I just updated to JB on AT&T. It was late last night when I finally got the update to run via Kies. Kies is not as easy as BB Desktop Manager to update to the most current version and then to update the device OS. I had to reboot twice to resolve browser issues.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't see the problem here. Why shouldn't we have gotten it before you? Our dollar is worth more than yours! (Where's my compensation for all those times I went to the USA back in the 90s and I only got $0.60...if that.... to your dollar?) :D

I still don't think I noticed a huge "buttery smoothness" increase after installing 4.1.1 on my SGS3...maybe I just got used to it very quickly, and forgot how "slow and laggy" it was prior, but I'm thinking not.
On my end it's much smoother, apps open quicker, and I also love that part of the email is readable from the notification pull down.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Sure LTE is fun, and loading my favorite YouTube videos, and websites faster all the while crushing through my data at an alarming rate is fun.

I have unlimited data and I use my phone's data connection for far more than just sitting around watching Gangam derivitives on Youtube. I also have a Nexus 7 so I know exactly what is offered in the latest revision of Android. As I said, I'll take verizons coverage over 4.2 updates anyday.

Yeah, I could be mad at them that they havne't sent out the latest update, but in honesty, I'm not pressed for it. Seeing a couple lines of email in the notification bar doesn't do a whole lot for me when I still have to open the email app to delete it.

Anyway, rage on.

-Suntan

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Currently not relaxing in the sun but Oh yeah enjoying Jellybean update, and continually impressed by the new features, can't wait for 4.1.2

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
On my end it's much smoother, apps open quicker, and I also love that part of the email is readable from the notification pull down.

Glad you like it, not as big of a deal for me. The "preview" on emails for me is pretty meh as far as I'm concerned, as you can see....I'm lucky to get 3 words for a preview.

Attachments

• settings.png
    settings.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 17

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Glad you like it, not as big of a deal for me. The "preview" on emails for me is pretty meh as far as I'm concerned, as you can see....I'm lucky to get 3 words for a preview.
Pretty intense on the email front. I get my work email, and gmail here and never usually have a massive amount of mail like you do before I'm checking my inbox so for me it works out perfectly.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Heh...just cleared my messages, and got a new one. I see what you mean. Most of the time I leave Sync off, for battery reasons. I have enough distractions during the day, my emails usually wait until I'm done work.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Heh...just cleared my messages, and got a new one. I see what you mean. Most of the time I leave Sync off, for battery reasons. I have enough distractions during the day, my emails usually wait until I'm done work.

I havent played with the new "block" function.
Can that switch off sync during certain times?
If not, there must be an app....

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer: