So I've been off the Android game for awhile because I went to visit the darkside. Well I'm back now as I recently traded my iPhone 5 for a Galaxy S3. I love the phone so far but I have a few questions as it's been awhile since I've owned an Android device. I have downloaded the GO Launcher and some of the apps to go along with it, but which apps can I clear in the background? The phone has things like All Play and when I go to disable it gives the warning about how it could affect the device since it's pre-loaded. Any information would be greatly helpful. I have the GO Power Saver as well, and I can click "Optimize" to close things in the background, and then a minute later, click it again and it says it closed more. This means that things keep turning back on in the background. Sorry for the rambling, just trying to figure this out again.

Finally, if anybody has any apps that they recommend, that would be awesome as well. I would like to hear your input on any of the above.

BTW, I know some of you may tell me to use the search feature, and I've told people to do that before in the past as well. The only thing is, I may find tons of different threads and get several answers, whereas I can start my own thread and have all the answers streamlined instead of having to go through numerous threads. I won't take offense if you tell me to search, I would just prefer to have it all here.
    12-03-2012 05:43 PM
    So I've been off the Android game for awhile because I went to visit the darkside. Well I'm back now as I recently traded my iPhone 5 for a Galaxy S3. I love the phone so far but I have a few questions as it's been awhile since I've owned an Android device. I have downloaded the GO Launcher and some of the apps to go along with it, but which apps can I clear in the background? The phone has things like All Play and when I go to disable it gives the warning about how it could affect the device since it's pre-loaded. Any information would be greatly helpful. I have the GO Power Saver as well, and I can click "Optimize" to close things in the background, and then a minute later, click it again and it says it closed more. This means that things keep turning back on in the background. Sorry for the rambling, just trying to figure this out again.

Finally, if anybody has any apps that they recommend, that would be awesome as well. I would like to hear your input on any of the above.

BTW, I know some of you may tell me to use the search feature, and I've told people to do that before in the past as well. The only thing is, I may find tons of different threads and get several answers, whereas I can start my own thread and have all the answers streamlined instead of having to go through numerous threads. I won't take offense if you tell me to search, I would just prefer to have it all here.
    I usually clear all apps that I do want that did not come with the phone...a lot of apps run automatically when u download them (Dropbox, AT&T crap)....also you can stop the carrier bloatware
    Pretty much anything except the Samsung stuff, but either way, even if you do stop them they seem to try and start back up automatically when needed
    12-03-2012 06:01 PM
    I guess I'm getting the silent treatment. lol.
    12-03-2012 09:04 PM