I don't use any lock screen and I always use the home button to wake my phone up.

Since official JB, the home button not only wakes the phone up but it closes the app I'm in. Example : I'm browsing something on chrome, the screen turns off bc of timeout, I wake the phone using the home button and I see chrome back but immediatly it closes down like if I had pressed the home button again (but I didn't). The same behavior does not happen when a lock screen is enabled.

I tried searching for an answer and tried the solution of editing the .kl files in system/usr/keylayout by adding WAKE_DROPPED or replacing WAKE with WAKE_DROPPED for every occurence of the home key (key 172) without luck. I tried fixing the permissions in CWM and I made sure the permissions are rw-r-r.

Running stock rooted with CWM.

Any other ideas? Thx!
    12-04-2012 09:16 AM
    There was a thread on this and I think the solution was to turn off the option in S-Voice to have double tapping the home button launch S-Voice.
    ejhansen71 and loginatnine like this.
    12-04-2012 09:25 AM
    There was a thread on this and I think the solution was to turn off the option in S-Voice to have double tapping the home button launch S-Voice.
    I had S-Voice completely disabled... I reactivated it and disable the mentioned option and unfortunately, the same behavior happen. I am using home2 shortcut though, it might be that I'll check it out.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT : With home2 shortcut disabled, it still doesn't work... Any other ideas?

EDIT2 : Actually, the "solution" is to enable S-voice and enable the option of launching with double-click. It does work that way. However, it introduces the lag everyone hates and I never used S-voice...
    12-04-2012 09:36 AM