Whoop! Jelly bean 4.1.2 has been released!

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
According to sammobile, the 4.1.2 update has been released for the i9300. However it is only in Poland at the moment, other countries and carriers should be releasing it soon. The only problem is when the 4.1.1 update was released in Poland, it took weeks and months before it came to other countries as there was many bugs.

I am just hoping this is the update that won't get stopped and we may have to wait many more weeks. If you have any news about the update feel free to post.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Is this the one bringin us split screen mate?
Is there a site updated daily tellin us what countries get it like JB? Was it MyMobile or something?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes this is the one that gives us split screen, I'm not sure about countries yet, only Poland at the moment. But from the experience of 4.1.1 I'm guessing it'll bw Romania, czech republic, Germany, and possibly Sweden next before any major Western European countries or USA will get an update

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
And judging from my experience, my non carrier international will get it AFTER all the UK carriers lol :D

Any other tastey features mate?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Here is a picture of the upcoming features, I was disappointed that there was not any slow motion in the camera app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354715345486.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354715345486.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 204

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah me too.
Any idea what this smart rotation is?
If its how i imagine it, it could be pretty cool.
New gallery, i doubt ill use,
Customisable notificational panel???? Theres always a confusion in terms here but would be great if they meant statusbar eh :)

Why on earth would we want to disable the brightness control lol its SO handy

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Smart rotation is if you are laying down and facing your phone and then you move and lay on your side then usually the phones screen rotates into landscape mode so with this new feature it won't do this, however your face is facing the phone the screen should stay portrait

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Smart rotation is if you are laying down and facing your phone and then you move and lay on your side then usually the phones screen rotates into landscape mode so with this new feature it won't do this, however your face is facing the phone the screen should stay portrait

Right thats cool.
How does it work? Smart-stay style?
Think an option to lock landscape mode would be better though.
They could just add it to the "screen rotation" toggle.

begges

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to that multi-view feature. :> I'm sure that SA would be getting the update after everyone has gotten it. (Just like before) :<

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Just as im gettin ready to remove all samgsung from my device lol.
Im sure the custom roms will have split screen really soon unless its deeply baked into touchwiz.....

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Here is a picture of the upcoming features, I was disappointed that there was not any slow motion in the camera app

Just to let you know Page Buddy is already in 4.1.1 (at least I have it on mine). But I have no idea what it does? :eek:

mctl

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone received 4.1.2 in any either countries other than Poland?

The SamMobile post talking about the 4.1.2 update has a complete list of countries and carriers, updated as it goes on deploying little by little.
Galaxy S3 receives Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update, Lots of new features | SamMobile

I just hope that it doesn't take as long as the 4.1.1. I remember a 4-week delay between Poland and France, for instance in my own case :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae