S3 - Swiftkey Flow Beta

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking you'll want to keep both installed. When it is out of beta, it will hopefully just update that version to SwiftKey 4 (which is essentially what this is).

But they may change the app name in the Google Play Store.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
It looks 'good'. Albeit I've never been a 'swype' type user, and I have always wondered if in time using things like will it make one lazy to type?

Anyway, like a few others, I like 'two thumb typing' :)

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Looks good so far, a mix of Swype and Swiftkey in one.

I love it so far. Best of both worlds of swype and SwiftKey.

Ditto here. Just downloaded it. I've only had the S3 two weeks and wasn't thrilled with the Samsung keyboard. I've been using a Swype-like keyboard on my rooted/ROM'd LG Optimus S and I missed the "microphone" key. This one has it!

I tried Swiftkey 3 last week since so many people swear by it, but I'm just so conditioned to "swyping" my text.

We'll see how it goes...

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to go back to Swype. I gave this a shot but I can't get over a few things. I know this is how Swiftkey works, but I don't like them:

1. If I "Flow" (or whatever it's called), I can't get over that the suggested words are what it thinks I want next. I much prefer Swype's suggested words being alternatives to what it thinks I swyped. I know it's a trade off, and Swiftkey's way is better.....if it recognizes what you were trying to type (but apparently I suck worse at Swiftkey's flowing than I do at Swype's swyping).
  2. I also much prefer Swype's ability to just tap on a word and get alternative suggestions. On Swiftkey I have to tap the word, then it only give suggestions for the letters before the cursor, so I then have to drag the cursor to the end of the word.

I don't know....I felt I gave it a fair shot and been using it since day 1, but I just prefer Swype and am much faster with it. To each their own.

Last edited:

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This is my first post using the new keyboard and being that I was a long time Swyper it seems to work very well. I've been using the non-flow version for a few weeks in preparation for the beta.

There are still a few things to get used to but so far so good.

Sent from my HTC EVOLTE using Tapatalk.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm going to go back to Swype. I gave this a shot but I can't get over a few things. I know this is how Swiftkey works, but I don't like them:

1. If I "Flow" (or whatever it's called), I can't get over that the suggested words are what it thinks I want next. I much prefer Swype's suggested words being alternatives to what it thinks I swyped. I know it's a trade off, and Swiftkey's way is better.....if it recognizes what you were trying to type (but apparently I suck worse at Swiftkey's flowing than I do at Swype's swyping).
  2. I also much prefer Swype's ability to just tap on a word and get alternative suggestions. On Swiftkey I have to tap the word, then it only give suggestions for things before the cursor, soI have to then drag the cursor to the end of the word.

I don't know....I felt I gave it a fair shot and been using it since day 1, but I just prefer Swype and am much faster with it. To each their own.
Me too. ;) I agree with you. I'm staying with Swype Beta for now. Besides, I've been really diggin' the Swype Beta Red ~~ ! :cool:

bakeri666

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm quite happy with the continuous input mode on the stock Samsung keyboard, so unless it's earth staggeringly good I'll give it a miss

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to the final version. I type most often in landscape, using two thumbs. But sometimes I want to type in portrait, using just my right index finger. SwiftKey Flow will let me do either, depending on what I want.

I'm just hoping they polish it up before its final release. And I have read that Flow will be an upgrade for those already using a paid version of SwiftKey. Good thing I took the app back when it was an Amazon Free App of the Day. :D

Sent from my Blue 32 Verizon SGSIII using Tapatalk 2

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
After a couple days I've switched back to Swype. Like monkey said above. The suggestions fit more to my swyping. Also the space thing with swift key is aggravating.

After you "flow" it automatically spaces. Swype automatically adds spaces as well but only does it after you start to Swype another word. Which is way smarter and more efficient especially for someone who likes to punctuate.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
After a couple days I've switched back to Swype. Like monkey said above. The suggestions fit more to my swyping. Also the space thing with swift key is aggravating.

After you "flow" it automatically spaces. Swype automatically adds spaces as well but only does it after you start to Swype another word. Which is way smarter and more efficient especially for someone who likes to punctuate.
Exactly! ;) I couldn't agree more, and I also prefer the alternative/predictive suggestions of: Swype & Swype Beta.

Drew Webster

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Punctuation isn't an issue. If you insert a punctuation, it deletes the space. However, the word prediction is very different from swype, and I can see how that can be annoying. I'll be sticking with swiftkey though :)