S3 - Swiftkey Flow Beta

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I like it, but I'm getting a lot more errors on this than I was on the 4.2 keyboard on the N4. Seems to want to spell much bigger words that I've never even heard of sometimes.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Punctuation isn't an issue. If you insert a punctuation, it deletes the space. However, the word prediction is very different from swype, and I can see how that can be annoying. I'll be sticking with swiftkey though :)

You're not obligated to swipe. You can still tap, or even combine the two.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I like it, but I'm getting a lot more errors on this than I was on the 4.2 keyboard on the N4. Seems to want to spell much bigger words that I've never even heard of sometimes.

It's learning your way of using words, spelling, and frequently used phrases. Be patient. And don't forget to submit feedback to them.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The "flow" part of Swiftkey Flow does make the keyboard better... but when it comes to swyping... the Swype Beta keyboard is better. I find myself getting a lot of dumb mistaken words when I swype with Swiftkey Flow. It gets annoying sometimes. Swype 80% of a sentence... then have to type out the other 20%.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded the beta this morning at 930. 8 hours later with in screen time if 1 hour my battery is at 40%. I am going to go back to regular swiftkey and see if my battery goes back to normal. I have seen a few posts mentioning battery drain so I'm glad I'm not alone.

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yup^^^^ Battery drain/RAM hog have been reported with BETA... uninstalled and went back to the trusty SwiftKey 3 for now.

sent from a Galaxy far away

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the new beta (4.0.0.6) is alot better. No way near as much of a RAM hog and isn't killing my battery. Flowing is better and the "hunt and peck" is just as good.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The "flow" part of Swiftkey Flow does make the keyboard better... but when it comes to swyping... the Swype Beta keyboard is better. I find myself getting a lot of dumb mistaken words when I swype with Swiftkey Flow. It gets annoying sometimes. Swype 80% of a sentence... then have to type out the other 20%.
Yeah, but the same thing happens, at least for me, with Swype Beta (e.g.- my post #72 on this thread). I'm still using Swype Beta, but it's getting kinda embarrassing at times, as no matter how much I proof-read what I've swyped . . . it's almost as if it has a mind of it's own, and a very stubborn one at that, and it seems like even after I've proofread and corrected/changed words?to what I want them to be?Swype Beta changes them back to what it thinks they should be. . when I'm not looking, or right before it sends! :confused: :confused: :confused: lol

I'm thinking of uninstalling ? and doing a re-install ? as it's also been hanging-up ever since I updated my Rocket Player & Classic Notes apps.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I hope everyone who has an issue or question is contacting the Swiftkey VIP forum. Don't forget, this is a beta version that is still being refined. Your input is what will help make it great. So please pass on your input to the developer through the VIP forum.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm going to go back to Swype. I gave this a shot but I can't get over a few things. I know this is how Swiftkey works, but I don't like them:

1. If I "Flow" (or whatever it's called), I can't get over that the suggested words are what it thinks I want next. I much prefer Swype's suggested words being alternatives to what it thinks I swyped. I know it's a trade off, and Swiftkey's way is better.....if it recognizes what you were trying to type (but apparently I suck worse at Swiftkey's flowing than I do at Swype's swyping).
  2. I also much prefer Swype's ability to just tap on a word and get alternative suggestions. On Swiftkey I have to tap the word, then it only give suggestions for the letters before the cursor, so I then have to drag the cursor to the end of the word.

I don't know....I felt I gave it a fair shot and been using it since day 1, but I just prefer Swype and am much faster with it. To each their own.

I've been swyping since I got a Captivate a few years back. I tried the SK Flow and I'm back to Swype. I was having way too many errors with SKF, even tried "learning" through gmail and facebook, then tried to reset everything and not learn through that. I was much slower with it, less accurate, but I do miss the pink keys :'(