goSMS notifications

rteichman

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping someone can help me. I installed goSMS and like most of its features, but a critical one is not working right. Many times I am not at my phone when a message comes in so I MUST have the notification show up on the lock screen. Ideally it would show the message like an iPhone, but I can live with the counter in a circle that the stock app has. I would also like the LED to light up. The notification bar icon is not good enough since its small and if I don't have my glasses on I could miss it.

My problem is that I disabled the stock app after installing goSMS, but I could never get the LED to blink as selected, nor have an indicator on the lock screen. The best I could get was AFTER I swipe the lock screen something showed up. Even that only worked some of the time (and some times several hours later). Does goSMS display notifications on the lock screen? Does it work the LED properly? If yes, what should I do to get it to work properly. A sequence of steps would be helpful.

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Best thing you can do is download an app called "lightflow" in order to get complete control over your LED light.

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I set my default message app to gosms and get a solid red indicator light when a text is received. I even get a blinking pink one when the wife sends a text! Within the gosms app go to settings under basic go to set default sms and change the default to go. Do a restart. Hopefully that works for u.

sent from CletuS the almighty S3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34