So I'm pretty sure once since I've had the Jelly Bean update it gave me the option to reply to a text message from the shade. Either I was dreaming or its disappeared. Because I've never gotten the option again. So what's the verdict? Am I losing it? Lol
    12-06-2012 06:14 PM
    I use a different messenger so I don't know for sure but you can try zooming in on the text in the notification center. (you know. The. Pinch out to zoom thing)
    12-06-2012 07:19 PM
    Are you using the default messenger app or a 3rd-party app? Whether you have expanded notifications depends on the app. If the app doesn't support the option then you won't get it. Perhaps you set a different texting app as the new default?
    12-06-2012 07:32 PM
    I only have the default messaging app installed, used to have gosms so maybe that was what was giving me that option
    12-06-2012 07:33 PM
    I only have the default messaging app installed, used to have gosms so maybe that was what was giving me that option
    That's possible. I don't know what TouchWiz does. The stock Android Messaging app supports expanded notifications natively. I think GoSMS does, too. Not sure what the stock TouchWiz Messaging app does.
    12-06-2012 07:40 PM
    Just tried but i use GoSms with Pop-ups so suppose i dont get chance to get a notification...

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    12-06-2012 07:50 PM
    Blah is there anyway to get the default android messages on a touchwiz device?
    12-06-2012 08:05 PM
    Blah is there anyway to get the default android messages on a touchwiz device?
    Yeah u could flash it mate id say
    N fs ur pretty!

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    12-06-2012 08:09 PM
    Yeah u could flash it mate id say
    N fs ur pretty!

Lol thanks
    12-06-2012 08:17 PM
    *shy...... hides in other thread*

Shanicenicolle likes this.
    12-06-2012 08:38 PM
    That's possible. I don't know what TouchWiz does. The stock Android Messaging app supports expanded notifications natively. I think GoSMS does, too. Not sure what the stock TouchWiz Messaging app does.
    It's true that stock Android supports expanded notifications, but the stock Messaging app does not have the reply from notification button as a feature. Custom ROMs like Cyanogen have added it to the stock Messaging app though.
    funkylogik and Shanicenicolle like this.
    12-06-2012 08:47 PM
    It's true that stock Android supports expanded notifications, but the stock Messaging app does not have the reply from notification button as a feature. Custom ROMs like Cyanogen have added it to the stock Messaging app though.
    Seems silly but thanks all for answering my question!
    funkylogik likes this.
    12-06-2012 08:54 PM
    You cant hide forever we always end up in the same thread lol

*shy...... hides in other thread*

12-06-2012 09:29 PM
    So I'm pretty sure once since I've had the Jelly Bean update it gave me the option to reply to a text message from the shade. Either I was dreaming or its disappeared. Because I've never gotten the option again. So what's the verdict? Am I losing it? Lol
    I use GoSMS so idk...I wish GoSMS would add that feature though
    I know I can call back within my notification bar..maybe u are going crazy lol

Whoops seems it was already answered...u still might be crazy lol
    funkylogik likes this.
    12-06-2012 11:25 PM

Gee thanks! It was gosms that was letting me do it. Oh well I can live without it.
    12-06-2012 11:35 PM
    You cant hide forever we always end up in the same thread lol
    Havent found me yet!!! Awph **** it

12-07-2012 12:46 AM

Crazy brer *nods head*

12-07-2012 12:47 AM