Trying to be funny, I turned on an option in accessibility which has a male voice read everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) out loud. It was funny to start with, but I seriously want to kill it now. But I can't turn it off because I can't get back there again, I have to double click everything and I can't scroll through options/settings screens. Someone, anyone, help. I beg you.
    12-09-2012 08:11 AM
    Trying to be funny, I turned on an option in accessibility which has a male voice read everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) out loud. It was funny to start with, but I seriously want to kill it now. But I can't turn it off because I can't get back there again, I have to double click everything and I can't scroll through options/settings screens. Someone, anyone, help. I beg you.
    You have activated the dreaded "talk back" feature on your phone. Accidentally did the same thing, and it took me over a half hour to get to the accessibility screen, and disable it. I just pulled the battery a few times, and reinstalled it, then i kept clicking away forever, until the accessibility screen appeared. I don't know what that feature is all about, i guess it's for sight impaired people, which is a good thing. However, there should be some kind of warning attached to it. Good luck.
    12-09-2012 09:48 AM
    This may be a little late, but when Talkback is turned on you need to two finger scroll to get anywhere. Up/Down or Left/Right. And, as Kieran discovered, you need to double tap to do anything. I'm not sure how this is supposed to make the phone easier to use, but that's not what most people who get here want to know.

The only way I know to turn it off is to go to the Applications Manager in setup, scroll sideways to ALL apps, then scroll down to TalkBack. Double tap it, and choose disable. Actually, Force Stop will probably work, too, but disabling it will ensure you never turn it on by accident again.
    01-02-2013 02:42 PM