Battery life...good or bad?

enfuego44

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Could you guys look to see if something looks off? Did a factory reset after 4.1.1. On Sprint. Thanks in advance!
Seems like Android System is burning my battery quicker than it should? Or am I crazy?
agu3yjad.jpg

ja6a7egy.jpg

qa7esydu.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Nothing looks unusual to me - your were down to ~40% battery remaining, after 6 1/2 hours of use in which the screen was on over half the time. I don't know what your brightness setting was but that seems about what I'd normally expect with the screen on for that long.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Definitely could be better... Get this app called Juice Defender, it really helps save battery a LOT

If u don't mind the bulk, get an extended battery which does amazing

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

enfuego44

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Screen was at half brightness. When I hit the refresh at the top right on battery stats it says "surfaceflinger". On my wifes s3 it says something else. Is surfaceflinger doing something crazy? Or am I just paranoid?

Zulu Warrior

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Overall, nothing looks out of place to me. It's usually helpful to post the stats from the display section with any battery troubleshooting too, but I don't think it's necessary in this case. Often the android system will be a high percentage if most of the time you are just scrolling through menu's settings, ect. My phone usually does have much better battery life than that, but recently when I updated to Jelly Bean on this thing, mine's been having a little worse battery life too. I think for now your phone looks fine, let it go a few days and if you still have issues with it, post again on here, but nothing is standing out for now. Just as a comparison, on days when I don't use my phone much at all (A few texts throughout the day, maybe checking some news articles for a few minutes throughout the day, and less than an hour of talk time) I can end a 16-hour day with 75-80 percent battery left. That is with LIGHT use, often I do use it more than that too.

enfuego44

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for chiming in guys. Rhings are looking better today it seems. Ive been on wifi so of course it would. I realized that I was also in a spotty lte location so this may have contributed. Should I just switch to cdma only when I dont need 4g or does it matter? Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome