Bluetooth connectivity issue with car

fahadsi

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Mercedes Benz and a Galaxy S3. Both have BT on them and so I pair the device to use my car's telephone system to make and answer calls. The S3 pairs fine with my merc and I can receive and make calls fine. HOWEVER, I am only able to hear the person and the other person is not able to hear me. So basically the mic on the BT pairing is not working fine.

There is nothing wrong with the car's system because I pair it with my blackberry and it works fine. The issue only occurs when I pair my S3 to the merc.

Any idea what could the issue be and how could I resolve it.

About my S3, its running Jelly Bean. I had JB 4.1.1 installed on it when I bought it (new) and it worked fine the first time but after that it has been giving me the above problem. I have since upgraded the phone to Slim Bean 4.1.2 and the problem still persists.

Fahad.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you look through the forum you'll find lots of posts about BT problems with various vehicles - sorry to say but you may be better off getting an iPhone; the former iPhone users that occasionally post seem to never have had issues like this.

My car doesn't have BT, but even my BT speaker & phone don't play well - I always have to re-pair the phone with the speaker, even though it sees that the speaker is on.

Finally, I have seen recommendations from other vehicle owners that you should check with your dealer to be sure that your car has the latest BT firmware. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance - if you want to loan me your SLK for a couple of months I'll be glad to see if I can solve the problem. :)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

WAWood8

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
It's not strictly a JB problem, nor is it a problem specific to your car.

I'm running ICS on my phone and pairing it to a new Honda 2012 CR-V has been a nightmare!

It worked the first time, like in your case, but after that, I had nothing but problems.

I eventually "solved" it by doing the following:
1) Purchasing an iBolt card dock
2) Installing Car Home Ultra on the phone
3) Setting options in Car Home ultra to pair with "Hands Free Link" (the name of the Honda BT profile) automatically.

Also, when you pair, there are a couple of checkboxes in the profile. One is for music, the other is for car audio. I've found that the first tends to get selected automatically, while the second does not. Until I got the dock, I would have to open the BT profile and manually check the car audio option EVERY SINGLE TIME I paired with the car -- even though I had checked it during the first pairing setup.

And BEFORE anyone says its the car -- I had a droid incredible before this POS Samsung, and it paired with the same car time after time after time -- without any problems!