Unfortunately, touchwiz home has stopped working.

gee_es_three

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
after updating my Gs3 to jelly bean every time i try and use a folder i get the message that my touchwiz has stopped working. this is very frustrating. also i have noticed that my home screen has become a bit more laggy then usual... any ideas???

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
It is best to restore to factory and start over. Since you're probably using Google\Gmail, make sure your 'backup' button is selected within settings.
If so, restore to factory (you'll still have Jelly Bean), and then reload your Google account, and apps, etc.
It should start to work fine after that. It appears that a simply update to Jelly Bean (AT&T) has caused a few issues.

gee_es_three

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
yeah so i cleared my touchwiz data and cache and it seems to be working now. now i just have to re customize all of my apps and widgets.... oh well

WAWood8

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on ICS -- and mine has done this several times, even though I've also done factory resets.

I'm on my THIRD phone (first two fried the SD cards and internal file systems).

These phones are JUNK.

aaronbuescher

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a G Note 2 and have complained to AT&T about this issue and they told me to chat with Samsung.
First Samsung "agent" told me to wipe data partition, no help unfortunately.
Second agent told me to disable and enable the weather widget...Really? a native widget?
So far (it has only been a few hours) it seems to be working, this customer service is why ppl buy iPhone (i hate myself for saying that)

- - - Updated - - -

I have a G Note 2 and have complained to AT&T about this issue and they told me to chat with Samsung.
First Samsung "agent" told me to wipe data partition, no help unfortunately.
Second agent told me to disable and enable the weather widget...Really? a native widget?
So far (it has only been a few hours) it seems to be working, this customer service is why ppl buy iPhone (i hate myself for saying that)

fatima143

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello

after downloading True caller the message poped up and I can not access my home screen kindly assist .tocuhwiz home has stopped working. i already uninstalled true caller still this error occurred. Can you please guide how to fix this error. it poping continue on screen. do i need to do factory setting? if i will do factory will i lose my data ? Please help am trying since morning and couldn't get any clue.

Thanks in advance
Altaf

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Since TouchWiz is the common problem, I would suggest getting another launcher from Play, I like Nova Launcher. When you do this, Nova takes over as the User Interface. After your new launcher is up and running, you can clear the cache and data on TouchWiz.

bexyjg

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung S2 has crashed with the message:
Unfortunately, touchwiz home has stopped working.

I cannot click anything on my phone, I have tried restarting it but it has made no change.....How do I get it working again?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Well, this is an S3 forum, but:

First thing I'd try is a battery pull. Shut it down, pull the battery for a few minutes, then try again.

Is your phone rooted? Have you disabled any apps (in the Application manager - if the S2 has this capability), or frozen any apps using a program like Titanium Backup?
Did you install or uninstall any new apps shortly before this started happening? Were you using a different launcher, and tried to switch back to TW?

Without a little more information, it's hard to suggest anything specific.

bexyjg

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the reply, (if i'm honest I was in that much of a panic I didn't realise the site was for S3).

I had tried to add a different widget onto my homescreen when the problem began. But I think I have resolved it by going onto the settings and changing the screen mode to basic. But thanks anyway.

cunes

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem but I seemed to have solved it. Its a widget frozen. My problem was the s planner widget once i tried to add this to my home boom my worst nightmare "Unfortunately, touchwiz home has stopped working".. I changed modes form basic to easy to get the phone operational couldn't switch back without the error message so then i decided to set it up in the easy mode and tried putting back the s planner widget and the whole phone got screwed both modes pulled down on top menu went to settings and killed s planner and back working like a charm.

try to remember which widget killed you "Unfortunately, touchwiz home has stopped working". and kill it

I have the Samsung galaxy s2 with the latest update today 12th March 2013

Yenlien Kuo

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I got the same problem on S2 with yours. Adding the s planner widget to home makes "TouchWiz home stopped" keep showing.
How can I change the home from basic to easy. I cleared memory but it doesn't solve this problem. I cann't go into options to clear data of touchwiz since touchwiz home stopped keep showing.

Finally, I got into options when the phone just turn on before the touchwiz stopped problem come out. I cleared the data of touchwiz home and the problem have been skipped.

Last edited:

Norah Borrero

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi :)

I've just update the OS of my S2 to the Jelly Bean and the TW keeps coming over and over. I can't even try to delete the widget that might probably be causing this issue. The time lapse between the message in the screen and the actual stop of the TW is less than 3 seconds. Thing is that this is getting very annoying, specially when I'm not even able to fix it through the mobile per se. Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!

Norah

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Can you get into settings? If so, go into Application Manager, scroll all the way right to the All tab, find Touchwiz Home, and clear data. You'll have to rebuild your home screens, but it should at least stop the crashing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC