Hi,
    I have read almost all the battery related threads I have found here and on other forums and I haven't something as bad as this. Check the picture. I have updated to jb right after after getting the phone so I don't really know if it is the jb. I tried draining the battery till it dies and then charge the phone while switched off. Didn't work. When the phone is charging it goes all the way to 100 percent and once I take the charger off it drops to like 88. Do u think I have a faulty battery?
    Attached Thumbnails awful battery performance-screenshot_2012-12-10-22-15-03.png  
    12-11-2012 09:01 AM
    That shows exactly what the problem is, the screen brightness is too high and is draining down your battery. Since my own update, I have set the brightness to the lowest, and it is as bright as it was when it was at 40 percent under ICS.
    12-11-2012 09:05 AM
    Um....don't listen to that guy. Even with screen brightness at 100% your battery should not be at 7% after 3 1/2 hours.

You have a faulty battery. Get it replaced.
    Yeag3r and ladyc0524 like this.
    12-11-2012 10:08 AM
    That screenshot does look really bad. I would try a different battery.

As pointed out... even if your screen is cranked all the way... I would think it would last longer than 3 hours! But just for curiousity's sake... how bright is your screen?
    12-11-2012 11:16 AM
    Hi,
    I have read almost all the battery related threads I have found here and on other forums and I haven't something as bad as this. Check the picture. I have updated to jb right after after getting the phone so I don't really know if it is the jb. I tried draining the battery till it dies and then charge the phone while switched off. Didn't work. When the phone is charging it goes all the way to 100 percent and once I take the charger off it drops to like 88. Do u think I have a faulty battery?
    You know, I think I did the same thing, once, before reading this:

"Never let Lithium-Ion batteries fully run down. You might remember the days when you were advised to unplug your laptop when the battery was fully charged. With Lithium-Ion batteries, you no longer need to do that. In fact, similarly, you should never fully discharge a Lithium-Ion battery ~."

Over the last month or so... not letting the battery drop below 8~10%, and leaving the charger attached for approx. 15~30 mins. after my GS3 beeps & LED's that it's 'fully charged' . . seems to be consistently improving my batteries overall performance.
    12-11-2012 11:45 AM
    I have screen brightness all the way down. So I'm going to replace the battery and try. Any recommendation on. The type of battery I should get? The stock one or something else?
    12-11-2012 12:19 PM
    I have screen brightness all the way down. So I'm going to replace the battery and try. Any recommendation on. The type of battery I should get? The stock one or something else?
    Def get the stock one! If you are still having battery drain issues with new battery, reset and reformat. Actually, I think you should reset and reformat first before you go off and buy a new battery just to make sure. You may have corrupt files depleting your battery life even though I can't see whats the cause from your pic.
    12-11-2012 01:45 PM
    Use Juice Defender...its not running on your phone...that will save you a LOT of battery
    12-11-2012 02:52 PM