Alternative Messaging on Android

XavierMatt

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Android gives users choice & customization, but sometimes Less is Best
Messaging on Android is a very personal activity. Unlike other OS's we have an option to use more than one messaging client. Also-because Android OS has more than one OEM, some devices come with a OEM experience messaging client. Leaving one device and moving to a completely new device with a different OEM can leave you missing your past messaging experience, or you may find yourself happily falling in love with your new SMS Client.

Luckily for us there are a good number of SMS clients that we can use to replace the stock messengers on our devices. Here are the Alternatives;

Go SMS Pro

Stock Jelly Bean SMS

Handcent (Also Available on iOS)

ChompSMS

And a few others. I however recommend "Stock Jelly Bean SMS" - As much as I love Go SMS it's not fast enough and the UI could use a little cleaning. Also Go SMS's apart of Go Launcher with ties into all the Go Dev services, so you have two extra screens which practically scream at you to use more Go services.

Stock Jelly Bean SMS is just clean and simple

Google has it right with the stock SM

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Android gives users choice & customization, but sometimes Less is Best
Messaging on Android is a very personal activity. Unlike other OS's we have an option to use more than one messaging client. Also-because Android OS has more than one OEM, some devices come with a OEM experience messaging client. Leaving one device and moving to a completely new device with a different OEM can leave you missing your past messaging experience, or you may find yourself happily falling in love with your new SMS Client.

Luckily for us there are a good number of SMS clients that we can use to replace the stock messengers on our devices. Here are the Alternatives;

Go SMS Pro

Stock Jelly Bean SMS

Handcent (Also Available on iOS)

ChompSMS

And a few others. I however recommend "Stock Jelly Bean SMS" - As much as I love Go SMS it's not fast enough and the UI could use a little cleaning. Also Go SMS's apart of Go Launcher with ties into all the Go Dev services, so you have two extra screens which practically scream at you to use more Go services.

Stock Jelly Bean SMS is just clean and simple

Google has it right with the stock SM

The extra screens drove me crazy if you use change the running mode it disables them. But eventually it felt too cluttered I'm trying out stock jelly bean sms and really like it so far.

Sent from Big Red

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I tried the default app but it delivers double messages, and and I don't mean double notifications. Beyond that it doesn't recognize with unread bags apps with sms by default. That's just my experience anyways.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums