New Galaxy S3 User Need Help: Music Player Audio Quality?

AlexBlin2

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I recently got a Galaxy S3, and I just put all my music on to the phone. I plugged my phone in and copped over all my music files onto the Galaxy S3. When I go to play the music on the phone I notice it sounds a little plan from what I'm use to listening to. I plugged my headphones back into my PC and noticed a huge difference, and same with my iPod, then back to Galaxy and I notice their is a huge loss in sound quality.

The sound quality sounds more 'full' is one way to put it, it just sounds better on the PC, and iPod. Why is this happening? It must have something to do with the files being transfered over to the Galaxy are the music files compressed at all? How can I fix this please help! The EQ didn't help too much......

- Alex

anon(973539)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Make sure your computer or the sync software you used to transfer the music didn't transcode it to a lower bit rate. When I first got the SGS3 I wasn't too impressed with the out of the box sound quality. I ended up rooting my device and installed the Beats Audio driver. Wow did that make a huge difference! Also you may wish to try a different music player like Poweramp Music Player.

WAWood8

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
If you mean the music sounds a lot better on headphones -- that is to be expected. The speakers on these phone were really designed only to be used with phone calls. They're not large enough or sophisticated enough to produce good sound quality.

And, I second the recommendation for PowerAmp. It has equalizer settings that can seriously affect the quality of the sound you hear -- but again, you need headphones or decent speakers to hear the music in good quality.

AlexBlin2

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Make sure your computer or the sync software you used to transfer the music didn't transcode it to a lower bit rate. When I first got the SGS3 I wasn't too impressed with the out of the box sound quality. I ended up rooting my device and installed the Beats Audio driver. Wow did that make a huge difference! Also you may wish to try a different music player like Poweramp Music Player.

Yeah that sounds like the issue. How do you root the device? and what does that mean? I definitively think it lowered the bit rate by quit a lot. I put my music on an micro drive just to let you know.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams