06-24-2015 01:57 AM
225 ... 56789
tools
    It sounds like she's saying that she can't get into Recovery mode (the Volume Up key) but can get into Download mode (the Volume Down key). If that's the case, things are really jacked up and she'll need to reload the correct ROM through Odin (the "O" the thing?) or Kies.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
    07-12-2013 12:26 AM
    Thank u , I have tried your way it worked once only then again had same problem that my phone can't boot up and stick in Samasung Galaxy s3 Logo.
    When i want to do rest factory I cant th multi options which are moving by volume up/down. now i am thinking to upgrade system via kies.
    what do you think?
    thanksssssssssss
    07-12-2013 05:01 PM
    It sounds like she's saying that she can't get into Recovery mode (the Volume Up key) but can get into Download mode (the Volume Down key). If that's the case, things are really jacked up and she'll need to reload the correct ROM through Odin (the "O" the thing?) or Kies.
    Curious... is it possible to reinstall the operating system through Kies? I thought most could be done was updates... but I haven't really used it.
    07-25-2013 12:58 PM
    I haven't done it myself (it's on my list of things to try) but I've read that you can use the Kies software on your PC to completely reload the firmware for your phone. I'm not sure if you get the carrier-specific ROM (with all of the associated carrier bloatware) or just the Samsung ROM for that phone.
    Sorry I can't be more helpful there - I just haven't tried it, but I plan to soon.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
    07-25-2013 01:46 PM
    Hi dears I have tired one thin may be it helpful to you last night my cuson's galaxy s3 didn't going on it gives same problem which you have even no charging than I tried exchange the battery with galaxy s4 and it going on baut the s3 battery not working than I put in s4 and it will charging at the I put the back own batteries and they working like before.
    07-27-2013 06:41 PM
    my phone is not staring up.. when i was trying to install custom xperianze rom n everithing installed correctly and when it was o reboot it is not staring up.. nd dosen't even start's up.... tensed does the problem to be cured?? and my phoned is off full charged
    08-02-2013 09:31 AM
    What version of the S3 do you have (international, AT&T, etc)? Exactly what ROM were you trying to install (Post a link).
    08-03-2013 12:25 PM
    I downloaded an AT&T provided update a couple of days ago on my S3 of 10 months.
    It worked fine for 2 days.
    Today, the power drained completely because my phone was on. After plugging it using the OEM charger/USB, the phone still did not charge.

I changed the charger to use the computer USB port to charge it up. Even after 2 hours, the phone does not charge.

I pressed the VolumeUp, Home, Power button at which point I got the andriod symbol and downloading option.

After a while, this disappeared.

Now, it is not charging, nor rebooting.

When I press the Power button for a few seconds, I can sense the Haptic vibration come on, however the samsung logo does NOT come.

Is my phone dead and time to log a warranty claim?
    How does that work? DO I call the 800#, or do I take it to a nearby AT&T store for a warranty fix?
    08-07-2013 09:00 PM
    Have you tried removing the battery for a couple of minutes and then reinserting it?
    What about a different charger AND different cable? What happens if you wiggle the connector while the cable is plugged in?
    You could go into an AT&T store just to see what happens with a different battery, but it sounds like you're just having a charging issue, so you should exhaust those possibilities before taking the next step.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    08-08-2013 01:31 AM
    Thank you so much Ashwin Prasad. Seems this worked perfectly!
    08-11-2013 09:06 AM
    Hi i have problem with my samsung galaxy s3. after updating the firmware it is automatically reboot and my phone did not turn on again. What will i do?? any help please
    08-28-2013 02:10 AM
    Bernadette,
    First thing is to remove the battery for a couple of minutes before attempting to power it on again.
    Next would be to try booting into Recovery mode or Download mode.
    Is the battery charged? If you're not sure, plug it in to the wall charger and then try turning it on.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    08-28-2013 11:17 AM
    my phone doesnt turn on i try the hard reset but it wont work -,- it only comes sumsung logo and then turns of an then it does it for a couple of ours what can ido??-,-
    08-30-2013 11:13 PM
    hi,
    My samsung galaxy s3 s nt getting switched on... It was working fine but suddenly I am facing this problem, whenever m trying to turn it on it shows the samsung logo and gets switched off again... My phone s nt rooted... Can anybody help me???
    09-19-2013 03:50 AM
    Jocelyn, Debasish.

There are many suggestion given already in this thread. I would suggest trying those, and if you still can't figure anything out ask again.
    09-19-2013 02:50 PM
    Debashish,
    Can you boot up in Recovery mode?
    With the phone completely off, press and hold the Volume Up and Home and Power buttons simultaneously, and when you see the Samsung splash screen release them all.

If successful you should be in the Recovery menu - use the Volume rockers to navigate and the Power button to select an item.

Clear the cache and then restart the phone. If this didn't help with the boot up behavior, shut down, boot into Recovery mode again and this time select Factory data reset (sorry, this will wipe the information on the internal memory, including your contacts, SMS/MMS, pictures/videos, etc; anything on your SD card [if present] will be safe).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    09-19-2013 02:53 PM
    Hello all,

Been having a problem with my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 (I747) where the phone will not power on. Problem started last weekend where applications began to crash (Gmail, browser, etc) and the phone would lock up/freeze sporadically. I even had the phone say there was a problem with encryption on the device. None of my storage areas (internal or external SD) were encrypted. I also noticed it would shut itself off randomly and the only way to power it back up was to pull the battery. A day or two later, I noticed when placing the phone on an OEM charger, it would begin to charge and after maybe 15-30 mins it would shut off and I would have to pull the battery to get it to come on again. Then it gets worse where powered up and it never made it past the Samsung logo. Now I'm at a point where the phone no longer powers up at all. I have purchased another battery (OEM supposedly), put it in the phone and left it to charge, but the phone still does not come on. When I plug the OEM charger without the battery the Red LED comes on for about a minute or two then turns off. I cannot get into download mode or recovery mode with the Red LED on. This also happens when plugged into the computer. The computer detects a USB device (computer makes a device connected sound), but immediately disconnects. I have also tried to put the battery in while the OEM charger was plugged in to see if I could get the screen to come on, but that did not work either. The Red LED coming on is the only sign of life I've seen thus far. My phone is rooted, but is still on the stock ROM (TouchWiz Jelly Bean 4.1.2). I got the phone last July and I'm 14 months into my contract so I don't think the phone is covered under warranty anymore. I didn't get phone insurance, unfortunately, as I am careful with my devices. Any help/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
    09-21-2013 04:55 PM
    thanks sooooooo much you are the BEST!!!!!!
    09-22-2013 11:15 AM
    Going into recovery mode won't wipe data. Doing a factory reset, or installing a new ROM via Odin, will wipe all the data in internal memory. I'm not sure about using Kies.
    09-27-2013 01:21 PM
    Dear all,
    I changed power port with new one,and got charging of battery. After this vibro & sound activated in moment, same down tach buttons lighted and small vibro. Now it is comletelly dead. Please what to do , but myself, because in Official Service I got offer as new one.
    Best wishes, Vlado
    09-27-2013 06:25 PM
    Vlado,
    Is the battery actually charging? With the phone completely off, if you connect a charger do you see the battery graphic?

See post #167 for instructions on how to boot into Recovery mode and to clear the system cache. If clearing the system cache doesn't work then you may have to perform a Factory Reset.

If Recovery mode doesn't work you can try booting into Download mode (it's the same steps but use Volume Down instead of Volume Up).

If you can boot into Download mode then you can try reloading the firmware. Let us know if that works and we'll give you instructions.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4
    09-27-2013 10:15 PM
    did your pictures got erase in the process of rebooting your phone?
    10-04-2013 01:03 PM
    AshweeeN,
    Simply rebooting the phone shouldn't be cause anyone to lose pictures. Performing a Factory Reset or loading a ROM will cause you to lose the contents of the internal memory, but anything on an SD card should be safe.

10-04-2013 02:17 PM
    Hi there, I have tried all possible methods but my phone isn't switching on or responding at all. Would like to of other options to save it.
    10-09-2013 03:58 AM
    Josh,
    What about some background:
    - what model/carrier/firmware?
    - what happened around the same time the problem started (phone dropped; got wet; etc.)?
    - if the phone is completely off and the charger is connected, do you see a battery graphic showing the current charge level?
    - does the phone start to boot (audio or visual cues) or nothing happens at all?

10-09-2013 09:21 AM
225 ... 56789