Buy the s3 right now or wait for s4?

Zackme

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
s3 or s4?

Which one do I choose? I need a phone that can lastly me at least 5 years without upgrading to a new phone cause in my country doesn't have contracts. I'm going to upgrade from my iPhone 3G. Get a 5 or so months old phone OR wait 5 months for the s4

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
s3 or s4?

Which one do I choose? I need a phone that can lastly me at least 5 years without upgrading to a new phone cause in my country doesn't have contracts. I'm currently upgrading from my iPhone 3G. Get a 5 or so months old phone OR wait 5 months for the s4

hrm..thats a hard choice. Both will be good enough to last for five years though. If you get a S3 I would suggest the i9305 or one with Quad-Core + 2GB. If not wait for the S4, but that will also be a Quad-Core + 2GB (maybe 3GB) just more efficient and maybe a better screen?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You should wait for the s4. Itll be out ina 3 or 4 months. :)

My one x is better then your one x!!
/
D:
\

That's most likely not true at all. Chances are the S4 wont be officially announced until at least May. Probably available in June.

So it depends on your phone now. If it can last you til then, i'd say wait. But also keep in mind that at that point there will be other enticing options that will be 6 months out. There's always something worth waiting for on the horizon.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I does not matter what you buy, there will always be something better around the corner. Buy what you need and like when you need it. Whatever you get now will be outdated when it comes time to upgrade down the road. Do your research and get what suits you best. The S3 is a great phone, but only if it does what you need to do.

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, with how fast phone technology moves, either phone will probably be antiquated within 5 years anyways. If pressed, i suppose waiting for the s4 might be the better option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I does not matter what you buy, there will always be something better around the corner. Buy what you need and like when you need it. Whatever you get now will be outdated when it comes time to upgrade down the road. Do your research and get what suits you best. The S3 is a great phone, but only if it does what you need to do.
Honestly, with how fast phone technology moves, either phone will probably be antiquated within 5 years anyways. If pressed, i suppose waiting for the s4 might be the better option.
Agree, and agree.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd buy the S3 now and then sell it on ebay when the S4 comes out and upgrade to the S4 then. I'm a tech junkie though so that's how I'd roll.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
S4 for the unbreakable (moot) screen!

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

kingjavs

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think it just really depends on your current phone.

If you are coming from a 2-3 year old phone, then I would suggest jumping in and buying the S3.
But if you have lets say a Note, iphone4,4S, or a galaxy S2, to name a few of the newer phones. Then I would say wait for the next big upgrade.

But like someone else said, do it based on your needs.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to even see any news about the S4. All I'm seeing is that the "release" of it in Q1 of 2013 was just a rumor that Samsung said wasn't true. Unless someone can pint me to a link that says otherwise.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
All ive heard is it should have the new flexible mega hd screen.
Bet its gona be a beast!
Hope they dont make the phone bigger...

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I would wait for the S4. May be even S5 or S6 because we never know how good the S6 going to be... may be a bullet proof glass with a shock proof electronics? I know that S5 most likely will be water proof at least up to 10 feet. :)

But on a serious note, I would wait for the S4 at this point.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If you can wait the six or seven months, depending on if you are in the US or not, then the GS4. The GS3 price has come down and will definitely be there for you for two years. The GS3 has been out six months in the US and still kicks the pants off many of the newer ones.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to say late May or early June for the S4. If you don't want to wait that long then the S3 or Note 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1