Am I the only one who's not in love with Google now?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I say
A) give it a chance, its learning and theres an update like every week. And
B) dont compare it to siri, its not just a voice recognition toy (i dont even use voice with it) :)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I say
A) give it a chance, its learning and theres an update like every week. And
B) dont compare it to siri, its not just a voice recognition toy (i dont even use voice with it) :)

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Yeah it learns and gets better with time... Today my first day seeing bus schedules and I have had this for almost a month

Also u love the other things it does its so useful! I check it daily

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355951349216.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355951349216.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 33
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355951358857.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355951358857.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 64
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355951372823.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355951372823.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 32

irishrose0304

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I really like Google Now. I use it for the weather, driving directions, sports, etc. I also have it on my Nexus 7 Tablet. I think it's cool.

Last edited:

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I like the Google Now, but there is a lot of possibilities for this app. I am sure Google and others will come up with ideas to improve it.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
see i used it mostly for text dictation while driving and it worked for me as well as pulling up sports scores. Google now has scores down and weather (which I don't need because I have a widget) but telling it to text someone for me always fails because it doesn't recognize a lot of names.

and for the record I don't HATE google now I'm just trying to LOVE it lol

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used it once at all lol. I use my stock HTC clock as a weather notification and don't really look at Google now too much. :p

From my ONE X+ :-D

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I never thought Google would be such a necessary part of my phone. Probably too much so. I don't use Google now.

---
Never had an iphone, and don't want one. Tapatalk on Samsung GS3.

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
One thing for the people not having luck with Google Now is you probably don't do searches for things. If you are logged into your Google account even from a regular computer, when you search for stuff it links it to your phone search stuff too, and as a result, it learns more about what you are interested in. If you are asking it for Bus Routes and such from a normal search, that will probably trigger it to bring public transit up on your Google Now. If you ask about sports scores, it will trigger that they are in your "interest" list so will bring it up.

Basically, the more Google knows about your interests, the easier it will be to suggest stuff to you. If you find that intrusive, well, then you won't want to use Google Now.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
One thing for the people not having luck with Google Now is you probably don't do searches for things. If you are logged into your Google account even from a regular computer, when you search for stuff it links it to your phone search stuff too, and as a result, it learns more about what you are interested in. If you are asking it for Bus Routes and such from a normal search, that will probably trigger it to bring public transit up on your Google Now. If you ask about sports scores, it will trigger that they are in your "interest" list so will bring it up.

Basically, the more Google knows about your interests, the easier it will be to suggest stuff to you. If you find that intrusive, well, then you won't want to use Google Now.

Good points here. I look at it kind of like twitter. Everyone says they hate Twitter because they aren't following anyone. With things like this, you have to invest a little time in setting things up before you'll experience all the benefits. If you don't see the point, then that's cool but don't be surprised when you have negative experiences with it. The more i've set up in Google Now, the cooler it is and the more it impresses me. I don't use it 24/7 but I do check it 2 or 3 times throughout the day.

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
see i used it mostly for text dictation while driving and it worked for me as well as pulling up sports scores. Google now has scores down and weather (which I don't need because I have a widget) but telling it to text someone for me always fails because it doesn't recognize a lot of names.

and for the record I don't HATE google now I'm just trying to LOVE it lol

As I read I c ur just using it for sport wut about auto traffic updates to and from work or any otha saved location. Or movie times, entertainment venues, near by attractions, stock info, airport info, package delivery etc...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
As I read I c ur just using it for sport wut about auto traffic updates to and from work or any otha saved location. Or movie times, entertainment venues, near by attractions, stock info, airport info, package delivery etc...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

My commute is pretty standard. I glance at the traffic buts always the same: bad. Don't read stocks and im in college and work full time so I don't travel. Everything else I use Google or a dedicated app. Convinent that it could all be in one place but I never even think to glance there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

AndroidGod

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Google Now is awesome in my opinion. I know it's not really needed, but it's fun to play around with. And let's not forget, svoice is absolute garbage. This is the perfect alternative. It's extremely accurate too. I was sick for the last week, and I still can't talk without gagging on flem. Google now still managed to recognize every single word I said without error. Although it isn't necessarily needed yet, but you've got to admit it's a pretty amazing voice assistant.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Yeag3r

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to get familiar with Now and watching some YouTube videos for tips. Does the US version talkback? All I ever get it to do is just Google search things.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

walt27

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I could care less about google now. I do like the updated version of google voice search witch is google now. What I'm mean is the cards that everyone is talking about. They really are not needed.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I use it daily. For weather, work travel since its updates with traffic conditions, sports, restaurants, events in my area, and of course the voice search which seems to work extremely well for me when setting appointments and meetings. When I first started using it, it didn't have much information about me. This type of app gets better as you use it and as it gathers information about you and your location.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to get familiar with Now and watching some YouTube videos for tips. Does the US version talkback? All I ever get it to do is just Google search things.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Depends on what you ask. If you ask for the weather or if you need a rain coat today it will respond, for example.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
It only works for weather in my case. I have a thick accent for all those voice services are useless for me.

Mate i have strong glasgow accent lol. Type it, it learns :)

Also, use your calander, include addresses and Now uses the info... :)