Iphone I message

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
So I am coming from the IPhone and using Imessage now it seems that anyone that has an iphone and tries to text me I dont get it. I get it to my mac and my ipad but theyt dont reach my phone. I tried shutting the service off with the mac and ipad but its still not working.

bigstormgirl

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Your S3 won't get messages from iphones if the iphone is set to iMessage. It has to be turned off in order for the S3 to get messages. I went through the same thing with my husband's iphone. As soon as he shut off iMessage, everything was fine.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
iMessage is another one of the proprietary technologies Apple loves to implement, instead of sticking with industry standards, to try to lock people into its ecosystem. I suspect Apple would implement a proprietary phone technology that only allowed calls to/from other iPhones if they thought they could get away with it.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My son encountered the same thing when he transitioned from his i4 to the GS3. Normal text messages via my wife's i4s come straight through. iMessage is another means of control for those who can't bear the thought of being unplugged and having to think for themselves.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
So I am coming from the IPhone and using Imessage now it seems that anyone that has an iphone and tries to text me I dont get it. I get it to my mac and my ipad but theyt dont reach my phone. I tried shutting the service off with the mac and ipad but its still not working.

Call your carrier, they'll help you sort it out many of us went through the same thing with the switch.

Sent from Big Red

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay