RAM Fully Used

Sean2020

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm A bit Confused about my Galaxy S3 and its RAM, its always Using 780mb + out of 833mb without any Apps open, is there any way to free up the RAM?

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Not sure mate mine hovers around 650mb, and I'm also taking apps off task manager and clearing ram, I have always done that even when I had an iPhone but on my s3 it doesn't go down no lower that 600mb

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Android is actually quite sophisticated about memory management. It will keep recently used apps in memory so that when you access them again, they're ready, and you don't have to wait for them to load. If the memory in use by an application that isn't active is needed by a newly accessed program, Android will free up that memory for use by the new program. With this design, most of the memory will show as used. That doesn't mean it's not available for another app when needed, though. It means Android is working as designed.

You can "kill" apps to free up memory in the Application Manager function under settings, but it won't really benefit you. And it may slow down your user experience, if the phone has to repeatedly reload the applications you use.

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine is using 1.2gb right now and running just fine. Don't worry about it unless your phone is getting slow or killing batteries.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Since Jelly Bean mine goes up over 1G all the time. I'm really surprised the international phones only have 1G.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine is using 1.2gb right now and running just fine. Don't worry about it unless your phone is getting slow or killing batteries.

I think he is talking about an international s3 so it only has 1 gig

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I think he is talking about an international s3 so it only has 1 gig

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

No he is talking about the 2gb version with the dual core s4 chip, it had about 1.8gb free memory and he is saying it uses around 1.2

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've got a 2gb GS3, and whenever I look at my 'RAM Status' ? it's usually in the 550-600 range (out of 1.69GB available)? and after I tap 'Clear memory' ...... it typically drops down into the low 300's.

And it's running super-super fine; still on ICS. :cool: Viva La ICS!

Sean2020

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Q>Where can you see how much RAM your phone is using?

If you press the home button when the screen is unlocked Multi-tasking will open in the bottom left corner there is a little Pie Chart, click that and it should tell you your RAM usage.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Sean ? What meyereweb explained in his post, above, is the same thing that I've read?in several places over the last few months?about the current android RAM technology. meyerweb explains it well in his/her post above. Therefore, I would agree with others, and recommend not to worry. ;)

If you're experiencing some laggy-ness, I'd guess that it's probably due to something else, and not your RAM.

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Q>Where can you see how much RAM your phone is using?

Hold down the home button and it will pop up the app switcher and it should show the amount of ram used.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Never worry about ram unless your phone is gettin sluggish. I generaly have like 100mb spare on my quad core and i trust android to deal with it nowadays :beer:

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded rooted international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay