Hello All...

I thought I saw that the photo gallery, with the update to jelly bean in the S3 was supposed to have some new features like being able to view pictures at a slightly smaller size and swipe right of left to thumb through the gallery, or swiping down to delete a picture, etc.

I was just updated to Jelly Bean (4.1.1) and I don't see anything that is different in the gallery (or the camera for that matter).

Was that a different update (maybe 4.2) or something? Was there any changes made to the gallery? Or the camera, for that matter?

Thanks so much!

Steve
    12-18-2012 01:52 PM
    Hello All...

I thought I saw that the photo gallery, with the update to jelly bean in the S3 was supposed to have some new features like being able to view pictures at a slightly smaller size and swipe right of left to thumb through the gallery, or swiping down to delete a picture, etc.

I was just updated to Jelly Bean (4.1.1) and I don't see anything that is different in the gallery (or the camera for that matter).

Was that a different update (maybe 4.2) or something? Was there any changes made to the gallery? Or the camera, for that matter?

Thanks so much!

Steve
    Yeah its supposed to but idk why it wasnt added...it better be added in 4.2!
    12-18-2012 01:57 PM
    The AOSP gallery has those features. I flashed the 4.2 Camera.apk which gave me a 2nd camera app that has a working photosphere feature, it also gave me a 2nd gallery that has the swipe down to delete. You do need to be rooted to do this though, but well worth it.
    12-18-2012 02:26 PM